Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

trash80
Reply Quote
Wow, with school, I've stepped back from inxi for a bit. But still try to keep in contact with h2.

h2 has done a great amount of work into inxi, and I appreciate every bit; inxi is not an easy creature to tame.

I'm glad to see 1.x.x out.

Soon, hopefully, my work load at school will be less and I will have the time to work on adding more features to inxi, as well as trying to make the current modules more robust (if that is a possibility).

Anyhow, thank you, h2; thank you, everyone that has "beta (or alpha)" tested inxi.

Thank you,
techAdmin
Reply Quote
For all smxi users, inxi updates now occur automatically every time your run smxi, which tests for latest inxi version, and updates if needed, if the user installed inxi to /usr/local/bin, which is where the stub installer and the user install how tos put it, so this should be useful for debian users who run smxi as well as inxi.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Version 1.0.10 - bug fixes

Fixed a bunch of bugs and missing or non-working features.

Among latest, now inxi will handle root user cases with gfx output much more intuitively. Also made inxi show glx information now for all cards and drivers, not just nvidia and fglrx. That let me fix another bug with an atom mobo where the glx information was wrong order.

Also fixed the silly debugger thing that printed out the message two times for each line, one the debugger line and one the normal line. Changed that to print out before each line this:
P: for normal non konversation
KP-1: for dcop konversation
KP-2: for non dcop konversation

I also removed some error cases like running gfx data functions as root,. now those functions only run as non root,. which avoids pointless debugging output.

I can't remember the rest of the things that were fixed, so just update.

Remember, smxi now updates inxi automatically if you have it installed in /usr/local/bin, so every time you run smxi inxi will also be up to date.

There's one more bug I want to get handled, strange spaces in mount partition names, but that's going to require rewriting the partition label component I believe, which will be an improvement anyway.

That bug fix should be 1.0.11, after that, unless more bugs are reported, inxi should be ready for the next set of new features, probably sensors output, but we'll see.
inxi shows wrong alsa version
michaa
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
inxi -A
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Version 1.0.18a

but
:: Quote ::
# apt-cache policy alsa-base
alsa-base:
Installiert: 1.0.19.dfsg-3
# apt-cache policy libasound2
libasound2:
Installiert: 1.0.19-1

Not a big deal, but I wanted you to know about this difference as it can easily lead to misunderstandings as far as versions and bugs are concerned.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
The debian version numbers are not the alsa version numbers, inxi is a true cross system script, and what it shows you is the Alsa version, not the distro package number:

:: Code ::
apt-cache policy alsa-base
alsa-base:
  Installed: 1.0.17.dfsg-4
  Candidate: 1.0.19.dfsg-3

But the real alsa running is this:

:: Code ::
cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.18rc3.

inxi is right, and the debian version number is not related to the true alsa number. inxi reports what the system is actually truly using.

It's not really important to know the distro package version number, nor is it really practical to track every distro in the world's method of reporting package version numbers, or the package names they decide to use for each app, and which have little or nothing to do with the actual data.

So you can in general trust inxi. If it gives technically incorrect data, that's a bug, the issue you are reporting is actually a feature, ie, inxi tells you what true version of alsa you are running.

This is also by the way why inxi -pul is basically more right than blkid, which is buggy and reports non-existent partitions as existing, while inxi reads the actual /proc data for this actual session, and reports what is actually present.

inxi isn't a debian script, it's a free desktop with linux 2.6 script, and works on almost all distros out there, except dsl, because the kernel and bash versions are too old.
working toward inxi 1.5
trash80
Reply Quote
Ok, I'm out of school for the summer.

Tell me what new features inxi needs, and I'll get to working on it.

Battery status was mentioned.

Put in your two cents, inxi can't be that great already :)
DeepDayze
Reply Quote
Definitely inxi looks a lot cleaner than infobash...keep up the fine work :)
trash80
Reply Quote
I have a fix for qt4 Konversation 1.2alpha. Unless the Konvi dev's change things again, it seems to work fine. The change is a beta, to run it at this time do 'inxi -! 12'. I'm not sure if I will release it until konvi is beta, rc, or stable. Anyhow, try it out and let me know of any issues.

It's great when dev's decide to change the api for no reason other than to change it.

For more information look in the dev' forum.
inxi the next generation of system information
wirechief
Reply Quote
You have boldly gone where others were afraid to go, congratulations on a very nice upgrade from infobash, i have added it to my toolbag. Only suggestions for
additional options for me would be perhaps more sound card information like the
codec that is used.
I use alsa-info script which provides a nice map of the sound systems information
and is gotten here: alsa-project.org/alsa-info.sh , it is maintained by them.
but otherwise this inxi is very nicely done as is your other script smxi
inxi wiki
trash80
Reply Quote
inxi wiki:

code.google.com/p/inxi/wiki/inxi
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24, 25, 26  Next