Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

trash80
Reply Quote
np, Ghst,

What this "research" did show me was the inconsistent behavior of /proc/cpuinfo.

One thing working on inxi has shown me: never assume anything about the behavior of any piece of linux.

thanks,
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Ghstryder, please update:

inxi -U
to 0.9.8

The issue should be fixed, and true multi cpu / multi core support should now be working.

That was hard to do, but trash80 had done most of it so it was just a matter of finishing it and then working out the print out logic.
Ghstryder
Reply Quote
Hey, look at that! Outstanding job, both of you. Thanks!

:: Code ::
CPU(s):    2 Single core SMP-HT Intel Xeons cache 2048 KB flags (sse3 nx lm) bmips 14364.3
           Clock Speeds: (1) 3591.089 MHz (2) 3591.089 MHz (3) 3591.089 MHz (4) 3591.089 MHz

techAdmin
Reply Quote
Ghstryder, there was a small bug in 0.9.8 but it's corrected in 0.9.9, also the output is a bit more logical now.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Finally! Got the partition label and uuid output done.

This might have issues with lvm type mounts, so in the future, support for those will be added.

0.10.0 now is current.

-l prints short -P partition plus labels
-u prints short -P partitions plus uuids

-lu prints both short -P uuid and labels
-plu prints all mounted partitions with uuid and labels

This should be very useful to quickly check your systems to make sure everything is working as intended, or to just quickly get partition labels or uuids.

Also has basic output support for mounted remoted file systems, though that syntax might need some tweaking in the future.
Ghstryder
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
Ghstryder, there was a small bug in 0.9.8 but it's corrected in 0.9.9, also the output is a bit more logical now.

Got it, thanks. I really like the partition/uuid outputs!
anticapitalista
Reply Quote
Great idea to include partition uuids and labels. I like how it correctly shows my usb sticks and usb drives as well.

Now I have discovered that my swap partition doesn't have an uuid (nor label). Does it really matter?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I discovered the same on my debian systems, but I also discovered that as soon as I created a label for my swap, a uuid was created as well.

Strange, that looks almost like a bug to me in Debian's handling of swap, but who knows.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Version 1.0.0 now ready for prime time.

I found and fixed a few last bugs today, and some irregular cases and handling, and found a few more bugs in the new label/uuid output, including tweaking the remote: class to not show label/uuid data unless it's not a remote mount.

With these last few trivial tweaks, and in agreement with trash80, we've decided to forgo further new features which will inevitably launch new sets of bugs, and call this current version 1.0.0.

No known major bugs exist, and any new features will simply be new versions.

I'm already finding, by the way, inxi to be a very useful dev tool, I'm using it extensively to test things like 3d support for non free drivers, partitioning information for quickly setting up new systems, and so on.
anticapitalista
Reply Quote
Version 1.0.0 now ready for prime time.

Let me be the first to congratulate and thank trash80 and h2 for this wonderful little script.

Installed by default in antiX-M8 (release is imminent) and I hope other distros will include it too.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 24, 25, 26  Next