:: Code ::

http://ftp.gr.debian.org/debian/

Thanks
techAdmin
Reply Quote
gr:Greece repos added.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
the nvidia-libvdpau1 / mplayer break now has the fix in smxi fixes.

The fix is fairly easy to run, just requires removing nvidia-libvdpau1 and mplayer packages, then reinstalling mplayer packages, which pull in what they need.
drb
Reply Quote
There is a new version of virtualbox 3.1.2 on their downloads page . . but for some reason the pop-up box telling me there is a new version doesn't appear and 'Check for updates' says I have the latest version (which is 3.1)
techAdmin
Reply Quote
vbxo 3.1.2 added to svmi
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Tweaked colors ( -j 0-4). Now script has usable colors for either light or dark background consoles.

smxi -j 1 is default colors, blue
smxi -j 2 is pale colors, for dark backgrounds
smxi -j 3 is earth colors for either light or dark backgrounds
smxi -j 4 is dark colors, for light backgrounds

To set these permanently, see smxi sticky prefs

These colors should also get inherited by sgfxi / svmi if they are started by smxi.

This is part of the process of moving smxi towards being usable in X, in console. Which may be possible to do for some cases now that the nvidia graphics driver can be reinstalled in X if it's just the module being rebuilt, but I'll wait a bit for this all to settle down.

But I think it's getting close to time to letting smxi get run in X, it will require some work and testing, won't happen soon but I think it will happen in certain cases, we'll see, maybe I'll add in a pre test to the du and see if xorg parts are included, if nvidia driver gets overwritten in X, and a few other things. fglrx users will not be able to use this feature however.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
In Package Install, inxi installer, updated to install all inxi dependencies + recommends and if X is present on system, all X tools as well.

The only one I'm leaving out is sudo, since that requires manual configuration to use that feature anyway.

If you've already installed inxi, just use the inxi install feature again and it will just install any packages that are missing, as well as create konversion links if missing.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
New advanced option: smxi -! 40
if you have debdelta installed, it will run debdelta-upgrade prior to the du commands. This can help bandwidth challenged users

For always on:

create file: /usr/local/bin/smxi-values
insert:
:: Code ::
B_USE_DEBDELTA='true'

save.

Now smxi will always use that, it cannot be overridden.

to only use it when you want, use: smxi -! 40 option. Must have space between -! and 40

Please test and report results.

In general I don't like implementing features very few people will use, but I do like making it easier for bandwidth challenged users to run debian, and this was fairly easy to do so there it is..

To get this for testing, do: smxi -U as root first to update to get support for new option.

Then run: smxi -! 40
and it should test for and then use debdelta-upgrade before the main du/second du

If debdelta is not installed, it exits with error if you used -! 40 or set it in the config file

if debdelta-upgrade returns an error, smxi will exit.
secipolla
Reply Quote
Just to rectify, the file to be created to make the debdelta and other options default is /usr/local/bin/smxi-values, not /usr/local/bin/sm-values.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
thanks for catching that typo, I've corrected the error above, correct, it's /usr/local/bin/smxi-values
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next