Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
Added new small tweak, to install firmware-linux for all users if it's missing. While not everyone needs this firmware, it does little harm to have it sitting on your computer, it's a very small bit of data, and it might come in handy one day if you add the hardware it supports.

This install runs pre du one time, and every time pre kernel install, along with the libc6 stuff.

Damentz is probably also going to remove that firmware from his kernel and make firmware-linux a dependency of his liquorix kernels.

Just for your information, Arch Linux apparently already has this package as a kernel dependency, so I think it's fine to put that in if it's present in apt, ie, if you have non free/contrib sources enabled. Smxi will check however for presence prior to install.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
added new hold/install group: gnokii

tests for mismatches in: libgnokii3 libgnokii4 gnokii-common
techAdmin
Reply Quote
To package install, desktops, added lxde options.

Please note that for lenny based systems, lxde has pcmanfm as a dependency, which in turn conflicts with libfam used by kde for something.

For sid / testing desktops, this dependency isn't there, and if you pick the basic lxde package group, it won't install pcmanfm. This goes for all the base plus desktop type light desktop packages, by the way.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Added new hold install group, sun java stuff. Was breaking for someone in 64 bit sid pool, so just threw in another package group for that.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Fixed a small issue, missing latest sidux austria repo for sidux mirrors, that made repo switcher fail if that's set to default.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
fixed cleanup section, cruft remover, made it more modern, and added option to clean all cruft at once.

Also got rid of legacy y/n methods in cleanup.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
completed grub2/grub 1 handling internally in smxi.

The only major change grub 2 users should see at this point is no grubgfx install option. This may or may not return, depending on if grub2 documentation improves over what it currently is, which is not very good.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Added kdeworkspace and samba package groups to hold install tests.

Remember, the only real reasons these are required is because you are using apt-get instead of aptitude, aptitude handles almost all package version mismatches just fine.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Updated a few small things to make compatible with recent sidux changes, which point to future debian changes, so might as well handle them now.

Also: replaced rcconf with either nothing or sysv-rc-conf, which I think handles insserv ok. For some odd reason rcconf was never updated to handle insserv.

Will test if insserv and sysv-rc-conf present, then will run that instead.
Crust
Reply Quote
The sysv-rc-conf change is a welcome change.
Thanks.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next