Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
mepis support added to pre du locales feature.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
A major upgrade was just completed to the primary kernel zip file installer packages, and installer logic. This also required a full rewrite of the old sidux zip file installer script that is included with each zip file.

All zip files should now install correctly on most systems, and also now include kernel-kbuild packages so that the kernel headers will install correctly (liquorix kernels do not not currently have this dependency, but I'll add the kbuild to them too just in case it's needed for some reason.)

This required rebuilding all the zips, and removing the zips that didn't have kbuild available for their version, which left me with 2.6.24, 2.6.26, and 2.6.28 kernels in the zip archives.

This solves one of the last major weaknesses in smxi, and also brings the install-kernel scripts more or less up to smxi level of quality and robustness.

Please test on different systems to make sure it works for you, it should install linux kbuild, if needed, linux image, linux headers, and any modules required.

Please note that in Sid/Squeeze madwifi is no longer available, so smxi and the builder scripts will automatically test for source availability before trying to build the packages.

ndiswrapper is being dropped because its maintainer got bored and moved on to more interesting things, hopefully related to real life. I believe that will not be available as of 2.6.30 unless some company steps in and takes over development.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Improved x kill feature to not use nohup unless x is running, ie, if DISPLAY is not null.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Because someone presented a clear and valid case where the forced running of kde 3 to 4 conversion lib is not a good idea, I've added a new option to smxi override that.

smxi -! 31 will skip the forced running of kde 3 to 4 section.

Also please note that you can set permanent prefs for smxi like this (say you have no prefs yet, this case you will create the prefs file and put the value you want in it):

:: Code ::
echo 'B_SKIP_KDE4='true' > /usr/local/bin/smxi-values

If you have further questions, please read how to set smxi sticky options.

Once you set this, smxi will always set this skip kde 4 section to switch off. If you want it to run ever, you need to either delete that file, or comment out the value in the file like so:
:: Code ::
#B_SKIP_KDE4='true'

Thanks for bringing up a good valid fringe case that would be a good idea to handle.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
At least in Debian Sid, googleearth package installer and deb builder is now working again, tested and debugged, installs and runs at least on 32 bit now, even with xorg 1.6 and fglrx!
techAdmin
Reply Quote
the missing ooo directory fix is in, new package group: core xfce4 package mismatch handling.

debian ooo bug report: bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=529440

the fix is the patch from that report.

also a new one, kdenlive kdenlive-data added.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
kdenlive fix added, tests for mlt + kdenlive, purge kdenlive mlt, install kdenlive, which pulls in all needed packages.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
By request, new feature and section: in kernel install section, advanced kernel options, there's a new option, super advanced kernel options, that some users will find useful.

Includes the old metapackage options section, and 2 new options, add liquorix sources, and change default smxi kernel type (that's set dynamically based on what sources you have).

someone asked for these features, so there they are, ready to go, the first official super advanced option section ever in smxi.

(note: liquorix auto adding of sources is turned OFF for lenny/etch. because that won't always be supportable, but of course, you're free to play with this stuff on your own, just add the sources manually and away you go!)
techAdmin
Reply Quote
A small update: I removed the need to use the -x (extra features) option to trigger the restore-sources option in miscellaneous tweaks, advanced tweaks. This option takes all the small files in sources.list.d that sidux started using and moves their contents back to sources.list single file, which is a lot easier to edit in one place.

So now sidux users are free to choose again what they want their systems to be like, in this case, to restore them to debian defaults.

This feature has been in place since those subfiles were introduced, but out of a probably misplaced respect for the wishes of the core sidux devs, I left it as an -x fired only option. Obviously, such concern is no longer required, and sidux users are again free to do what they want to their own systems, as is only proper.
Richard
Reply Quote
Great.

I did this to my own systems based on install sidux;
track testing/sid. I always wondered why they made the Ubuntu mod?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next