Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

LewisR
Reply Quote
Thanks!
Bob_Vul
Reply Quote
The current entry for Firefox 35.0 on Android doesn't work on some sites (won't trigger switch to mobile), so here's an updated one:

:: Code ::
<useragent description="Firefox 48.0 - Android 6.0.1 (Samsung SM-G935F)" useragent="Mozilla/5.0 (Android 6.0.1; Mobile; rv:48.0) Gecko/48.0 Firefox/48.0" appcodename="Mozilla" appname="Netscape" appversion="5.0 (Android 6.0.1)" platform="Linux armv81" vendor="" vendorsub=""/>

Mostly just a version bump but I've also included the JS platform info if that helps. Not sure if any sites use that.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
this has been updated in 2.6.3, thanks for providing the full entry.
Download link for latest?
josaric
Reply Quote
Can't see download link for latest version 2.6.3
techAdmin
Reply Quote
download link is where it always is, where it says 'Direct Download' or the 2. option.
New OS/2 builds of Firefox and SeaMonkey
LewisR
Reply Quote
Hi...

Updates to OS/2 Mozilla browsers, based on ESR code:

SeaMonkey 2.42.9esr - OS/2 Warp 4.5
Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; Warp 4.5; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0 SeaMonkey/2.42.9esr

Firefox 45.9.0 - OS/2 Warp 4.5
Mozilla/5.0 (OS/2; Warp 4.5; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.0

(Yes, the UA string does indeed read 45.0 for 45.9.0.)

FF52esr (and related SeaMonkey) in the works.

Thanks!
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Time for an update heh, your stuff will be in the next version.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
New user agents in 2.6.4
maxtech5
Reply Quote
With the release of the new firefox 57 quantum, "User Agent Switcher" extension by chrispederick stopped working.

Do you know if there will be any update of this extension or if there is another compatible with the .xml list provided here?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
it depends on what Chris Pederick feels like doing, and what the slashed API of webext as supported by firefox supports.

Obviously I'm not updating firefox until I know what is happening with the extensions I rely on, including web developer toolbar, which has apparently suffered quite a bit due to the slash in api options.

Firefox seems dead set on making itself a bad copy of google chrome, and that's very sad, particularly given how weak google chrome is in the areas firefox pre 57 was good in, in other words, 57 is losing the differentiation that made firefox a real option.

If you installed 57, I'd uninstall it, then install their long term support firefox, and then maybe there will be time for the various extension authors to get firefox stuff working, but from what I read, the api restrictions are so severe that some may never work, though I doubt user agent switcher is going to have that issue, unless it does.

My deepest condolences go out to all the extension authors that helped make and keep firefox usable for so long, 57 is in my opinion going to be the nail in the coffin of firefox as a preferred developer tool, that's very very sad, I rely on Chris's stuff and have for many many years, I couldn't and can't do my work without it.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next