Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Vincent
Reply Quote
dmz.12 also locks up for me...even my first boot was unsuccessful. However, I have been able to get into a tty; dmesg output in the following pastebin: pastebin.com/kwmjNihv

Edit: Just like azathoth, I see the following in my kernel log output (in the dmesg output above, they are at lines 802-820):

:: Code ::
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:05, inode=4
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:07, inode=8
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:07, inode=3540
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:07, inode=3543
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:07, inode=3546
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:07, inode=3549
audit: name_count maxed, losing inode data: dev=00:07, inode=3552

azathoth
Reply Quote
Good morning,
I just installed dmz.13 and success!
4 consecutive boots now (as a test) without a problem, the messages I mentioned in my previous post are gone and I couldn't help noticing that Gnome is loading somewhat faster and the logs are much shorter than with dmz.9.
I think you kicked this one's a#s.
I'll run the sh#t out of it for a while to make sure but it looks like a winner.
Thank you for all your hard work, patience and for being so responsive Damentz.
Vincent
Reply Quote
That's strange, because dmz.13 still locks up for me. dmz.9 is the latest kernel that I can actually boot into without freezing. :(

dmesg for dmz.13 : pastebin.com/7xfkMZhm
damentz
Reply Quote
Can you boot with the noautogroup kernel parameter? If that still freezes then I'm getting rid of the autogrouping patch from Mike Galbraith.
mervinb
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
Can you boot with the noautogroup kernel parameter? If that still freezes then I'm getting rid of the autogrouping patch from Mike Galbraith.
We have 4 laptops and one desktop at home (mostly Dells + an MSI Wind) enjoying dmz kernels, and it would be a pity to lose the chance to test drive the autogrouping patch via liquorix until 2.6.38 finally arrives.

Damentz - thanks for all your great work on liquorix.
Vincent
Reply Quote
dmz.13 locked up both with and without the "noautogroup" parameter. I've even tried purging it and installing it again, but it made no difference.

On the other hand, dmz.14 works perfect now (without the need for "noautogroup"). I don't know what you did to fix this Damentz, but thank you! :)
azathoth
Reply Quote
:: Vincent wrote ::
That's strange, because dmz.13 still locks up for me. dmz.9 is the latest kernel that I can actually boot into without freezing. :(

dmesg for dmz.13 : pastebin.com/7xfkMZhm

Dang, go figure. Still running 13 and it's been good. I'll leave it on and compare it to 14 in terms of desktop performace. That could be the difference? Desktop w/all Intel here.
(the plot thickens....)

edit - 13 is still running quite well and 14 works fine for me too. Although I don't know if it's just my imagination or if things ran a little faster with 13 but I'm keeping it for now anyway.
Vincent
Reply Quote
Sorry to bother you again Damentz...but dmz.15 is hanging up on me yet again. Same symptoms as with dmz.10 - dmz.13; the only kernel that doesn't lock up on me is dmz.14 (as well as dmz.9 and all previous kernels).

I've tried booting several times, both with and without "noautogroup"...in either case, I end up with nothing but a blinking cursor. The magic SysRq keys are required for me to unfreeze my laptop and access a tty.

dmesg for dmz.15 w/ noautogroup: pastebin.com/d9290FJ6
dmesg for dmz.15 w/o noautogroup: pastebin.com/NGFPfAsp

dmesg for dmz.14 (a working kernel): pastebin.com/rwCVC45i

Edit: The latest 2.6.36-1.dmz.1 kernel isn't working for me either. I have no clue why it's not working for me in particular though. In the meantime, dmz.14 still works perfectly fine and I'll keep on using it until there's a newer Liquorix kernel that I can use.

< Edited by Vincent :: Nov 23, 10, 0:29 >

azathoth
Reply Quote
Strange, no probs here.
damentz
Reply Quote
:: Vincent wrote ::
Sorry to bother you again Damentz...but dmz.15 is hanging up on me yet again. Same symptoms as with dmz.10 - dmz.13; the only kernel that doesn't lock up on me is dmz.14 (as well as dmz.9 and all previous kernels).

I've tried booting several times, both with and without "noautogroup"...in either case, I end up with nothing but a blinking cursor. The magic SysRq keys are required for me to unfreeze my laptop and access a tty.

dmesg for dmz.15 w/ noautogroup: pastebin.com/d9290FJ6
dmesg for dmz.15 w/o noautogroup: pastebin.com/NGFPfAsp

dmesg for dmz.14 (a working kernel): pastebin.com/rwCVC45i

Edit: The latest 2.6.36-1.dmz.1 kernel isn't working for me either. I have no clue why it's not working for me in particular though. In the meantime, dmz.14 still works perfectly fine and I'll keep on using it until there's a newer Liquorix kernel that I can use.

Hi Vincent,

I think I found the patch that was removed when I reverted all patches from 2.6.37 in order to restore compatibility with BFS. Lets see what happens when I restore it (1-2 line change): git.zen-kernel.org/zen-stable/commit/?h=cfs&id=d960650caeaa174da59043d303aef6f0da2d2384
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next