Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
new nvidia 173.14.37 and 310.40.

I believe both should support xorg 1.14, and I am assuming though I could be wrong that 173.14.37 supports kernel 3.7/8.

If this is wrong, please let me know, video card, kernel, driver.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
4.20.37 sgfxi now should support beta fglrx, first one is 13.3.

Also updates itself by checking an smxi data file to see if there is a later version of the beta driver for that month.

This should in theory work, however, do note that 13.3 does not support xorg 1.14, only 1.13.

sgfxi -B

should use it if available.

I tested the download / file name testing logic, and that all works, package downloads, extracts, and should install, but the install was not tested.

13.3 beta3 is the first officially supported beta for fglrx/sgfxi, use it, try it, note, the watermark on the screen is something you should file bug reports to amd about, not here.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
sgfxi updated to handle/id debian wheezy stable, note this will not have any real impact on sgfxi users even though internally it will be wrong until you do your first dist-upgrade to the new debian version, but that data doesn't impact regular sgfxi driver installs so don't worry about it.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Although I in general don't bother with fglrx patches, I found a clean one for the new 13.9 driver, that makes it work on kernels 3.10 and I assume 3.11. I have not tested the actula build with this patch, but I assume given it's the gentoo one, it works fine.

So that will hold off fglrx users for a while, but remember, I don't care if you have fglrxc issues, the only thing I care about is if the driver downloads, extracts, installs, and, if a patch is used, patches, properly.

All other amd/fglrx issues are out of my hands.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
nvidia, kernel 3.11 apparently needs patches, so added for 325.15, 319.49, 304.108. Apparently 173 driver does not need a patch, that was the last one they updated for 3.10 so they probably covered 3.11 in it too I would guess.

sgfxi updated.
sedonix
Reply Quote
Now you've done it!

I use towo's kernels and 3.11 refused to cooperate and gave me a blank stare.

Your latest nvidia 304.108 update has reclaimed my magnificent desktop.

Thanks for the speedy update.

Just as an aside, I tried siductions workaround and it was not a pretty picture!
techAdmin
Reply Quote
thanks for confirming that 3.11 304.108 patch works.

All siduction had to do was build that driver with the patch, no workaround is needed.
drb
Reply Quote
kernel 3.11 works fine with 325.15 after a -f install

[edit] install added patch without -f second time
techAdmin
Reply Quote
it's with something of a wince that I added the new fglrx 13.10 beta2 driver, which claims to support 3.10 kernel, but I don't know if it supports 3.11 kernel, no reports yet on that.

With the sgfxi included patch, the 13.9 driver works with kernel 3.10, also do not know if it works with 3.11 kernel

Again, the only issue I'm interested in at all is if the driver installs without error on 3.11, I don't care about any actual driver specific issues, report those to the essentially non existent, at least it's usually ignored, amd fglrx bug tracker.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
4.21.00 and later, sgfxi now checks, on nvidia non free install on 64 bit debian/ubuntu systems, and installs any ia32-libs required, so that the nvidia installer can use the /emul stuff from debian's architecture stuff, i386.

Creates any links needed, and also checks to make sure the debian / ubuntu running it has that feature in it, ie, lenny and older ubuntus will not have it, so it is all automatic.

This feature runs at the same time, or right after, sgfxi checks for kernel headers, and will just be one more preinstall stage and should work transparently for all users, with output of course that explains what is happening and what was done.

Since this needs to be done only once on a system that does not have the ia32-libs setup on 64 bit, sgfxi will only do the main checks once, then fix the stuff, after that it will be passed through.

If arch users want this, you have to provide the patch, see the function:
check_ia32_libs
for the debian/ubuntu logic and provide a patch that does the same for Arch Linux.

Otherwise this will remain a debian/ubuntu only feature.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next