Page: 1, 2  Next

[SOLVED] https://liquorix.net/ is unreachable
jdhedden
Status: Curious
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Reply Quote
I'm unable to access anything on https://liquorix.net/. I get "unable to resolve host address 'liquorix.net'" from wget, and "liquorix.net’s server DNS address could not be found." from Chromium.

< Edited by jdhedden :: Apr 17, 16, 6:05 >

Back to top
techAdmin
Status: Site Admin
Joined: 26 Sep 2003
Posts: 3905
Location: East Coast, West Coast? I know it's one of them.
Reply Quote
it's online now, maybe it was just down for a bit.
Back to top
jdhedden
Status: Curious
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Reply Quote
The problem is still occurring for me. The issue from my end is that 'liquorix.net' is not in DNS. I tried this from two different computers for which Comcast is the ISP (one from home, the other from work). From the home computer, I also tried it with my VPN on (which comes out in Canada) and off (Comcast in US). Any suggestions as to how I could troubleshoot from my end would be appreciated.
Back to top
klaxian
Status: Contributor
Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Location: New York, USA
Reply Quote
I'm also experiencing this. It is a DNS problem. Can you check with your provider? Thanks.
Back to top
damentz
Status: Assistant
Joined: 09 Sep 2008
Posts: 741
Reply Quote
Looks like google's DNS is having problems.

Google
:: Code ::
$ dig @8.8.8.8 liquorix.net

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-12.1-Debian <<>> @8.8.8.8 liquorix.net
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 7547
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;liquorix.net.                  IN      A

;; Query time: 70 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr 01 18:25:34 CDT 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 41


OpenDNS
:: Code ::
$ dig @208.67.222.222 liquorix.net

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-12.1-Debian <<>> @208.67.222.222 liquorix.net
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 1043
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;liquorix.net.                  IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
liquorix.net.           1800    IN      A       45.79.167.183

;; Query time: 64 msec
;; SERVER: 208.67.222.222#53(208.67.222.222)
;; WHEN: Fri Apr 01 18:26:33 CDT 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 57


Not sure what they're doing, maybe aggressive optimization of their DNS servers is causing havoc. I can try adding a bogus record to liquorix.net to make it propagate again, but I'm not sure that will fix it.

EDIT: Submitted a ticket to my registrar to figure out what's going on.
Back to top
techAdmin
Status: Site Admin
Joined: 26 Sep 2003
Posts: 3905
Location: East Coast, West Coast? I know it's one of them.
Reply Quote
I don't as far as I remember use google name servers though I could be wrong.

Can't remember. But I am seeing this on the same network, one system reaches liquorix.net fine, and the next doesn't.

Maybe it is a specific dns server, but it shouldn't be happening.
Back to top
klaxian
Status: Contributor
Joined: 18 Mar 2011
Posts: 65
Location: New York, USA
Reply Quote
Google DNS does seem to be having problems, but I have my own recursive nameserver that is still unable to resolve liquorix.net. The authoritative DNS server is probably responsible.
Back to top
jdhedden
Status: Curious
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Reply Quote
This issue seems to have been resolved. I can reach https://liquorix.net now. :-)
Back to top
spasm
Status: New User - Welcome
Joined: 02 Apr 2016
Posts: 1
Reply Quote
Hi,

I can confirm I had the same issue that I solved by switching from Google DNS to OpenDNS. Everything is fine now with Google DNS again:

:: Code ::
user@admin ~> dig @8.8.8.8 liquorix.net

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-12.1-Debian <<>> @8.8.8.8 liquorix.net
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 28847
;; flags: qr rd ra ad; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;liquorix.net.         IN   A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
liquorix.net.      1799   IN   A   45.79.167.183

;; Query time: 30 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Sat Apr 02 23:56:43 CEST 2016
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 57

Back to top
https://liquorix.net/ is unreachable (again)
jdhedden
Status: Curious
Joined: 16 Dec 2015
Posts: 9
Reply Quote
This problem has re-occurred in the same manner as was originally reported.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Page: 1, 2  Next
All times are GMT - 8 Hours