Page: Previous  1, 2

Confirmed
klaxian
Reply Quote
Confirmed. The DNS issues are back.
damentz
Reply Quote
I submitted a second ticket to namecheap - this is starting to become a chronic issue.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
As I've told you many times, at some point it's going to register with you that 'cheap' anything related to web hosting is ALWAYS going to cost you far far far far more in lost time, unless your time is worthless, than the illusion of cheapness they may create.

Maybe for teenagers whose professional time is worthless, or hobbyists whose products are worthless, like their time, such worthless services are ok because they are cheap, but that's about it.

The other thing I've noted many times is that professional level web companies, hosting, registrars, etc, do not offer excuses for their failures because they basically don't fail, and not failing costs money.

When I talk clients into moving to pro level services our issues and lost time plummet to close to zero, and I can focus on real things, not wasting time posting issues to a service that has already demonstrated their technical incompetence.

I know it took me a while to learn this lesson, and I know sometimes it takes a few years of ongoing failures and the subsequent wasted time with issue reporting, tech support calls, etc to really convince one that one has lost money on the 'cheap service'.
damentz
Reply Quote
I got this response earlier today:

:: Quote ::
As we can see from the outputs in the ticket you were able to retrieve the host records from our Authoritative DNS at the moment. We also checked it from our side and could retrieve the host records as well so your domain name works properly on our DNS at the moment.

However, we have updated DNSSEC signatures for your domain name in order to make sure that the issue is not caused by resolver validation failure on Google DNS side.

Kindly be advised to contact us again, if the issue persists in future.

Looks like I'm able to reach again using dig @8.8.8.8 liquorix.net. Hopefully this is the end of issues with Google's DNS.

@techAdmin, also note that this issue is only with Google. It could be that Google is doing something specific and dropping DNS records for some particular reason. Namecheap seems to think it's related to DNSSEC, so hopefully what they did will permanently solve the issue.

And as far as DNS goes, I'm paying the market rate for my domains, there's nothing special, and namecheap is considered the best in tandem with a company called Hover, so I don't think it's them specifically, I think it's Google who is at fault.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I wasn't using google dns on the system that failed to connect, by the way.

I was just sending the dns request to my router, which then sent it out to the ISP network.

It's worth considering this: among the set of all websites I've used since you had this issue, the number of sites with your issue is 1, yours. The number of failures you've had: 2, now, ongoing, slow to resolve. If this isn't enough data for you, you might avoid the career option of being a webmaster, lol. Now, I'm a fan of creative excuse making, you know we all do it in tech, but the bottom line is, most excuses are caused by technical errors and/or incompetence. this is a secret we in the tech industry don't share to outsiders much, but it's a fact. You seem quite insistent on ignoring this, for unknown reasons.

So I'm not sure it's google dns that's the cause only, it may be a group of them that have issues with something your dns people were doing in their configs.

Anyway, I'm glad I don't have to spend my time anymore on things like this, I was also sort of in the mode of thinking failure and excuses was normal and acceptable, but after a few years without that stuff, I'm feeling much better, LOL.

Excuses are always the sign that someone doesn't know how to do something internally, or did something wrong, etc.

When I see two failures in this short a time, for me, that would be it, I'd leave the service, and move on, but each to their own. It's not about 'price' per se, it's about paying the right company enough so they can do the job, expensive as in price isn't the issue, you can get ripped off by expensive bad companies just as readily, though cheap ones tend to do it more badly because they skimp so much.

However, each to their own, I'd never use your dns service myself since I just saw them fail twice, without really fixing the issue, and that's all I personally need to see.
Page: Previous  1, 2