Page: 1, 2  Next

remaster kernel liquorix
wandows
Reply Quote
did the remaster for a debian live cd with the liquorix kernel 3.8.4-2. When I test and with the virtual box works perfectly, but when I do live right on machine startup is not complete, still standing on the screen busybox (initramfs).

But when I do the remaster with kernel 3.4.0-35 works perfectly.

I wonder what can this happening?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
sounds to me like you made some mistake with the initramfs or something on the livecd, or that the live cd generating software made a mistake, usually that busybox prompt means it can't find the kernel, which means either the partition is wrong or the kernel is missing.
wandows
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
sounds to me like you made some mistake with the initramfs or something on the livecd, or that the live cd generating software made a mistake, usually that busybox prompt means it can't find the kernel, which means either the partition is wrong or the kernel is missing.

I'm following the same procedure as used in the previous remasters, and that funciou perfectly.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
could be a bug almost anywhere, I wouldn't assume there isn't a bug just because a new behavior, or kernel, triggers it, could be an assumption the live cd tool makes that new kernels break, I've seen bugs like that a lot, in fact, this very much looks like a bug, since a bug is almost by definition something that didn't happen normally but does in a certain instance.

One thinks of the transition point between mounting by uuid/label and the old style of /dev/hda3 or whatever, that triggered a lot of bugs all over when people insisted on using the old method of /dev/hda3 or /dev/sda1 to mount or locate partitions, and now that can't be used. Not saying that's what's happening, but it sounds like it's something like that.
wandows
Reply Quote
understood.

the process used to make the remaster is the same for the current kernel and the old kernel, just dumb repositories.

old kernel: "deb liquorix.net/debian/ sid past"
current kernel: "deb liquorix.net/debian/ sid main future"

The following message (which is the last line displayed) is displayed for a few seconds and goes straight to the screen busybox / initramfs.
NTFS volume version 3.1
techAdmin
Reply Quote
my initial guess was and remains, something in the virtual machine is not actually clean, and it's not actually vanilla.

but I don't know, I don't use these livecd building tools.
wandows
Reply Quote
unlike the live cd works fine on the virtual machine, but the live cd does not work directly on the computer.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
oh, I see, you're booting it on both, in that case you should show: inxi -bxx

so we can see your system, though it's unlikely that this is related to the kernel.
wandows
Reply Quote
the live cd works only in a virtual machine.
wandows
Reply Quote
Just one more comment.
I just do the remaster with the latest kernel version 3.8.8-1 liquorix and everything went well.

Here is my question: is the problem mentioned above was the kernel liquorix?
Page: 1, 2  Next