Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

elboy71
Reply Quote
Thanks! Completely uninstall the plain-vanilla debian wine and then I could install!
Ubuntu Gnome 15.04 and wine-staging dependecy
Animiki
Reply Quote
I have Gnome Ubuntu 15.04 and the Liquorix PPA. When I try to install wine-staging I get "wine-staging-i386:i386 : Depends: libgphoto2-port12:i386 (>= 2.5.6) but it is not installable". Same thing with amd64.

I have no Wine PPAs other than Liquorix. My system shows "libgphoto2-6" is installed. The package is looking for a version I don't have? I could force the install, but I thought I would check here before I do anything messy.
damentz
Reply Quote
You'll want to stick with the official wine staging ppa, the wine staging packages in Liquorix are built for Debian Unstable:

github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging/wiki/Installation

The reason why this package is being rebuilt for Debian is that the official Debian repository does not provide sources to the package. That and the maintainers build with gcc-4.5 first, which is considered ancient in Debian Sid land, even for Ubuntu.
gvoima
Reply Quote
Now that 1.8 is out. Is there gonna be an update for it? Maybe a wine1.8 package? :)
damentz
Reply Quote
Looks like Debian is packaging wine 1.8 properly, and winehq.org now has automated builds for Debian. Check the first post in this thread, I just posted some updates.

Basically probably late January I'll remove all wine packages from liquorix.net, the automated builds on winehq (especially their proper sid builds), are the way forward. No need to duplicate effort.
gvoima
Reply Quote
It's about time!
And thank you for making builds for wine :)

I'll try the official version right away.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4