Page: Previous  1, 2

techAdmin
Reply Quote
jiro this should now work again, in theory.

Amazed it took this long to get a bug report on that, I wonder when xorg changed that logging format?
jiro
Reply Quote
looks good - I went to the remove xorg modules option and did not see the intel driver listed as one of the drivers that can be removed.

thanx - I have no idea when the syntax changed but I first noticed the problem several months ago. it was around the time I was changing computers, so I found the work-around and did not think much more about it.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
thanks for the report, I was slicing the third item in the string out, but for future proofing, I should have sliced out the last item, which used to be third, but now is fifth or whatever it is, which smxi now does.

As you can see, in your, and my, output, the third item is not the driver. Each item is defined by white space around it.

Whenever I get bug reports now that are caused by loose programing, i try to fix the core problem, not the specific issue, which in this case was easy since all along t was the last thing in each line we were after, not the third per se.

the intel had me confused, but it really was that all drivers failed the test except a few whitelisted ones, and nvidia and fglrx I think, not sure about those.

This also explains and fixes a few vague and never really followed up on issue reports I've seen the last few months.
jiro
Reply Quote
thanks as always to your continued hard work and maintenance of smxi!
Page: Previous  1, 2