Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ckosloff
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
ckosloff, can you try the 3.2-5.dmz.1 liquorix kernel? I made some sata modules static that might help with your netbook.

Sure, give some time and I will post output.
ckosloff
Reply Quote
:: anticapitalista wrote ::

IIRC I got this and update-initramfs -k all -u -t got me back to booting ok.

Kalimera, antix.
Please clarify code, I would like to run this in busybox before trying the latest liquorix, for testing purposes.
What is IIRC?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
update-initramfs -k all -u -t

You can't run this in busybox, busybox only has a restricted set of simplified commands, you can see what it has with: busyboxy --help

You have to run this before rebooting to new kernel.
ckosloff
Reply Quote
@techadmin
So I would never be able to get there with the crashed kernel.
Anyway there are BIG problems with Liquorix, which I will deal in another thread related to my amd64 laptop.
ckosloff
Reply Quote
I just installed latest liquorix as per damentz' request.
Same old, crashed exactly the same way, back to Debian.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
ckosloff, no, wrong, you run that command after you install the liquorix kernel, before you reboot. Totally non related to busybox or the boot failure, you run this when you are running, in the system and at the time you installed the liquorix, before rebooting, it rebuilds all the required initramfs stuff for each kernel.

This was just a suggestion from anticap, he'd seen something similar, worth a try since it's a trivial few key strokes to type in and hit enter then wait to execute. I have no idea if it works or not, smxi already runs most of it, but not all of it, after you install your kernel, but what he suggests is always worth a try since it's easy.

Odd failure though, be patient, I think it will get resolved, but it's strange it only happened to your systems, that makes it somewhat more suspect, ie, possible download corruption somehow, bad router, other issues, far less likely to happen on two machines than one.

You didn't see any errors when installing liquorix did you? the error 34 you mentioned points to a connection failure, ie, your network is suspect.
damentz
Reply Quote
ckosloff, do you have the choice to choose which kernel you boot into from grub? I think that is default on Debian, and that after you install a new kernel, you can still choose to boot into a kernel you installed previously. I mean, if this wasn't an option, how would you remove the kernel after you have installed it?

Also, I'm growing tired of suddenly finding new information that you're ignoring through the whole process of installing and then trying to run the liquorix kernel. Can you post any other information that seem remotely relevant to your problems?

Like h2 made note of: messages from installing the kernel package, any network issues, any other issues you are having with apt like unresolved dependencies, etc. Anything else that could have anything to do with the process of installing, then all the way to the busybox shell you are dropped into.

The thread, [SOLVED] Error on Liquorix, is a good example of providing relevant information, if you need one.
ckosloff
Reply Quote
The only error I saw when installing liquorix was the aforementioned 34.
Regarding anticapitalista's suggestion: "you run this when you are running, in the system and at the time you installed the liquorix, before rebooting, it rebuilds all the required initramfs stuff for each kernel. "
If it is not too late, I am willing to run this command, since smxi did most of the stuff and I did not see any errors, it would be a long shot.
Yes, it is possible to boot into a non-default kernel, I still have liquorix installed on both machines, and could boot into it.
I have to be in the Debian kernel to remove liquorix, or viceversa.
I do all this to help liquorix, since I have no trouble at all with the Debian kernel.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Please try the new liquorix:

3.2.0-5.dmz.3-liquorix

or newer, and report if issue is resolved or if it remains.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4