Page: 1, 2  Next

Conky on Liquorix 3.0 [SOLVED]
dodjie60
Reply Quote
Conky problem with Liquorix 3.0. Won't open if anything related to network is in the text like wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0, wireless_essid wlan0, addr wlan0, upspeed wlan0 and downspeed wlan0. These text gives error as follows:

Conky: too many interfaces used (limit is 16)
Conky: Error destroying thread

If anyone have a solution please post here. I need he
Vincent
Reply Quote
I noticed this problem myself recently; Conky has a hard-coded limit of 16 network interfaces, and it'll refuse to work when it detects more than 16 network interfaces. Usually you'd have just a few (e.g. lo0, eth0, wlan0), but I've noticed that with recent Liquorix kernels, there seems to be additional interfaces (nr0, nr1, nr2, nr3; rose0, rose1, rose2...rose9); "sudo iwconfig" will list all of them (and on my laptop, there just so happens to be 17 of them, which makes Conky unhappy). I've no idea why these additional network interfaces were created, nor do I know what purpose they serve, so I just ended up removing them by:

:: Code ::
sudo modprobe -r netcom
sudo modprobe -r rose

And adding the "netcom" and "rose" modules to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf so they won't bother me again.
damentz
Reply Quote
Just a correction Vincent, we're talking about the netrom* and rose modules:

From lsmod:
ax25                   55550  2 rose,netrom

I can probably disable these in the configuration for Liquorix - I really doubt anyone uses this for modern distributions. If you're using AX.25 to get online, installing Liquorix is probably the last thing on your mind.
dodjie60
Reply Quote
:: Vincent wrote ::
I noticed this problem myself recently; Conky has a hard-coded limit of 16 network interfaces, and it'll refuse to work when it detects more than 16 network interfaces. Usually you'd have just a few (e.g. lo0, eth0, wlan0), but I've noticed that with recent Liquorix kernels, there seems to be additional interfaces (nr0, nr1, nr2, nr3; rose0, rose1, rose2...rose9); "sudo iwconfig" will list all of them (and on my laptop, there just so happens to be 17 of them, which makes Conky unhappy). I've no idea why these additional network interfaces were created, nor do I know what purpose they serve, so I just ended up removing them by:

sudo modprobe -r netcom
sudo modprobe -r rose

And adding the "netcom" and "rose" modules to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf so they won't bother me again.

Thanks this solved my proble, except for "netcom should be netrom".
Re: Conky on Liquorix 3.0 (SOLVED)
dodjie60
Reply Quote
:: dodjie60 wrote ::
Conky problem with Liquorix 3.0. Won't open if anything related to network is in the text like wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0, wireless_essid wlan0, addr wlan0, upspeed wlan0 and downspeed wlan0. These text gives error as follows:

Conky: too many interfaces used (limit is 16)
Conky: Error destroying thread

If anyone have a solution please post here. I need he

Re: Conky on Liquorix 3.0 (SOLVED)
dodjie60
Reply Quote
deleted, I wanted to mark this thread as solved but I don't know how. :<<
damentz
Reply Quote
Maybe h2 can give us all permissions to edit our first post of a thread. *nudge nudge wink*
Vincent
Reply Quote
Whoops, sorry for the typo! It looks like I can't edit my previous post to fix it though. :P
damentz
Reply Quote
I update the subject, but I still want to see if h2 can change our privileges.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
damentz, no idea, let me check. Possibly not, we'll see.
Page: 1, 2  Next