Page: 1, 2  Next

Having a problem installing 2.6.38-10
Denton
Reply Quote
I re-installed Debian today and added in the Liquorix repo as usual. However, when I try to install the Liquorix kernel I get the error

:: Code ::
linux-image-2.6-liquorix-amd64:
 Depends: linux-image-2.6.38-7.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 (=2.6.38-10) but it is not installable
 Recommends: linux-headers-2.6-liquorix-amd64 but it is not going to be installed

I've never had any problems installing this kernel before and I can't find out what I'm to do in such a situation, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
that kernel is not in apt anymore, update then install the new kernel.

It's currently 2.6.38-7.dmz.2

Actually, I just checked, damentz made a mistake in the repos and didn't upload the new 64 bit kernels, hopefully he'll have that done by tomorrow.

The 32 bits are there.
Denton
Reply Quote
Alright, thanks for the information.
added Liquorix repository & Keyring and no Liquorix lov
sandra
Reply Quote
I added the repository to my LM10 OS something I have done dozen times. I type in 64bit install command and this is message I receive the following message.

"The following packages have unmet dependencies:
linux-headers-2.6-liquorix-amd64 : Depends: linux-headers-2.6.38-7.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 (= 2.6.38-10) but it is not installable
linux-image-2.6-liquorix-amd64 : Depends: linux-image-2.6.38-7.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 (= 2.6.38-10) but it is not installable
E: Broken packages"
techAdmin
Reply Quote
yes, the package is still missing for 64 bit, hopefully that will be fixed tonight.
The files are missing again
sandra
Reply Quote
I loaded my laptop and performed the update and it worked . Loaded my second laptop and now the 64bit files are missing again. BTW I just wanted to thank you for the fine job you are doing I know usually you only hear from us when things go wrong. But I just wanted to express my thanks for your forum. I hope those files go back up before my presentation today. Again thank you .
techAdmin
Reply Quote
The glitch is now fixed, also current stable liquorix is 2.6.39.

The 'past' branch has the 2.6.38-7.dmz.2 kernels now.
The glitch is still present
sandra
Reply Quote
I just now attempted to upgrade my 64bit kernel. This is the message I get when I attempt to upgrade.sandra@HP-HDX-18-Notebook-PC ~/Desktop $ sudo apt-get install linux-headers-2.6-liquorix-amd64 linux-image-2.6-liquorix-amd64
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
linux-headers-2.6-liquorix-amd64 : Depends: linux-headers-2.6.39-1.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 (= 2.6.39-3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

From what I can see the glitch is not fixed any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
techpatterns.com/forums/about1868.html

People, PLEASE MENTION THAT YOU USING UBUNTU!!!

This is IMPORTANT.

We cannot track down issues if you provide zero data, if you provide zero data, we assume you are running a standard liquorix system, ie, Debian, not any other derived or non-compatible distro that uses Liquorix.

The problem here is that Liquorix is developed and run on rolling Debian Testing/Sid, NOT frozen pool Ubuntu. Arch liquorix users are also running rolling release and should have no problems.

GCC is now at 4.6 in Debian Sid, 4.5 in Ubuntu and Testing. Gcc 4.6 is a dependency of the new 2.6.39 kernel, this is probably an error in my opinion since it will also fail on debian testing based systems.
Troubles w/the latest update
sandra
Reply Quote
I did mention in my previous post that I am using LM10 which is based on Ubuntu 10.10. Can I continue to use Liquorix or not ? is there a work around I sure would find it disappointing to have to persue another kernel update option I really perfer Liquorix and would love to continue using it.. Any help would be appreciated.
Page: 1, 2  Next