Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
TheExplorer, your input was useful thanks, this was a bug in the makefile, damentz has fixed it and should have a new liquorix out for future at some point that won't have this issue.

As always, bugs that go unreported tend to go unfixed, so thanks for taking the time to report your experience.
Liquorix2.6.36-0.dmz.2 and Virtual Box
reiner
Reply Quote
hello again,
just testet it with kernel 2.6.36-0.dmz.4 and svmi on amd64Bit. Everything worked fine.

Thanks and regards

Reiner
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
Thank you, everyone here too :) And damentz for fixing this issue especially.
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
Please, mark it as SOLVED. Seems I can't do it myself here...
simonbcn
Reply Quote
I have the same problem with vbox 4:
:: Code ::
$ cat /var/log/vbox-install.log
Makefile:178: *** Error: /usr/src/linux (version 2.6.37) does not match the current kernel (version 2.6.37-0.dmz.1-liquorix-686).  Alto.

It's a problem of vbox install when the kernel name is customized. I've reported the error: www.virtualbox.org/ticket/7924
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
Oh, now it's clear to me. Here is also my post about this.

To moderators: I think it's better to rename this topic to something like: "Latest Liquorix Kernel + Virtualbox = Error" and we will just bump it with issues from time to time to let damentz know about it.
simonbcn
Reply Quote
With DKMS package installed, on Ubuntu, the install of vbox kernel module works automatically when install a new package kernel.

Other solution is to execute:
/usr/share/virtualbox/src/vboxhost/vboxdrv/build_in_tmp install KERN_DIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`

KERN_DIR must be point to source or headers folder of kernel.
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
Yes, cannot use the latest Liquorix since I need Virtualbox on my production machine.

The solution above didn't help. Something is really buggy, damentz, in your pack of patches. Even when I'm purging this kernel a lot of errors appear about /lib/modules directory not empty, cannot remove etc., but in the end there is no such directory at all. I never see such output when uninstalling properly configured and compiled kernel.

I repeat that the vanilla 2.6.37 kernel doesn't have these errors and VBox works OK.

So, please, fix it.
simonbcn
Reply Quote
:: TheExplorer wrote ::
The solution above didn't help.

What's the output of this (with liquorix kernel)?
/usr/share/virtualbox/src/vboxhost/vboxdrv/build_in_tmp install KERN_DIR=/usr/src/linux-headers-`uname -r`

:: TheExplorer wrote ::
Even when I'm purging this kernel a lot of errors appear about /lib/modules directory not empty, cannot remove etc., but in the end there is no such directory at all.

This is normal when in /lib/modules/2.6.xxx folder there are files that haven't been installed with headers package. In this case, aptitude (or apt-get) doesn't delete the folder to don't delete the extra files.
The strange thing is that, at the end of the process, it really does delete the folder.
anticapitalista
Reply Quote
I'm using the latest liquorix kernel on antiX and VirtualBox works just fine.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next