Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

Thanks!
alienbob
Reply Quote
Thank you for this, needed to convert several hundred .flacs to .ogg on my CentOS (release 5.3) running Subsonic, this did it flawlessly!!

Cheers

Ab
techAdmin
Reply Quote
glad it was of use, I use this one all the time myself as well, and it 'just works', which is what I want.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I forgot about this thread, etique's suggestions for cleaning directories was a good one, not sure why that never got done, maybe it was because I thought 3.0 would be coming soon, heh. That's now implemented with the new --clean option. Use with --test option first to make sure nothing unexpected happens!!

Note that acxi 3.0 uses File::Find for all file and directory syncing, which allows for much better and more granular control.

Some items get adjusted, ` is removed, though I'm not sure it needs to be anymore with the new syntax. I should have checked that for the new acxi.

Anyway, 3.0 is very much cleaner than 2.9 was, it's similar internally to inxi, which was also rewritten in 2018 to Perl 5, so I wanted their styles to be similar internally.

Note that acxi now uses Perl builtins for cp/copy, find, and mkdir. And it would also use native Perl features for rm if that was added. The goal is that the only subshells used are the direct lame, oggenc, and metaflac that acxi uses to encode the compressed files. That way acxi will be cross-platform without any further work.

I still use acxi all the time, heh.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I've iimproved the --clean option to now double verify all deletions, I have stuff in my compressed directory that is not in my source directory, so I realized it can't just blindly delete, now it will confirm first the directories, then the files, as 2 groups, you can exit that, and probably should, if you see something you were not expecting to see happen. Automatic deletions are very dangerous, so i decided that a double confirm coupled with a listing of files/directories to be deleted would be an absolute requirement. This feature can also be used with the --test option, though you will see what is going to happen before you confirm it no matter what.

The forking item is interesting but I'm not sure I'll do that for this 3.0.0 release, if there is real interest, maybe I will do it for the 3.1.0 release, if that ever happens.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3