Page: Previous  1, 2

techAdmin
Reply Quote
sgfxi 2.9.0

Modified install to other kernel up and running, I changed that logic around quite a bit, but you'll recognize all the core parts I think.

Happily, I just did another change that now makes it trivial to add one more option, a smart start x question, if current kernel is not equal to install to kernel, offer reboot instead of start x option.

Nice stuff lat, you should get some copyright credit on sgfxi, if you want, give your real name, if not, I'll just leave it as is now, latino.

I need to get some stuff cleaned up n ow because I'm going to be gone and busy after end of coming week, didn't want to leave this unhandled, seems to work nicely though I have not checked fglrx of course.
Lat
Reply Quote
Good to see it finally got out of the door.

I'm not worry about the copyright|left|whatever. Mention in the forum is more than enough. I don't consider the core code a big deal to consider it to have any sort of rights.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
added start-x/reboot now option, it detects which to offer user.

all in all looks good, take a look at the code and see if I missed anything, I think not, seems to work, did find a logging error, not related to your changes though.

Once any issues or tweaks are resolved I'll move this to 3.0.0, this is as good a place as any, given the large amount of new functionality that was added by your two last tweaks.
Lat
Reply Quote
I have a request:

I love the reboot-now question, but I was expecting -A to be totally non-interactive. Could you make sgfxi -AKblah to not ask at the end whether it should reboot or not. Doing so, sgfxi can be used in other chains. let's say:

sgfxi -AcK2.6.... && init 6

sgfxi exits with a code if something was wrong anyways.

I was first wanting a new option, like -b that would reboot automatically if the driver was installed correctly, but then I thought making -A totally non-interactive is more logic since it's already an option for advanced users.

I really tried to hack it, but it has a lot of new stuff and got confused to where exactly the trigger for the question is at.

It's really cool that the script is pretty much ready for 2.6.25, btw.
2.6.25 is being a b##ch to compile for me. I'll wait more before I move to it.

PS. Didn't know this forum was censored, lol
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I see what I did, I had a new kernel reboot thing, but then later I moved the logic into the actual reboot now/start x question, but I forgot to remove the old condition.

Heh, now you can see why I try to do only one major thing at a time, always some bugs, easier to catch if you know where to look

now have to get patches working, some errors there.
Lat
Reply Quote
I'm sorry I left you hanging in IRC I had to go afk. I tested sgfxi and it worked just fine. I didn't try with 2.6.25.0. I needed 2.6.25.1 because of my broadcom wireless card. It's working better now with b43 as good as ndiswrapper.
Page: Previous  1, 2