Video card failure or...?
lavaspit
Reply Quote
This morning I turned on my computer and the dual monitors recieved no signal. Everything sounded like it fired up right, my peripherals, scanner, etc, but no monitor signal. Things that happened last night before I shut down: noticed that the fan sounded high as I was watching a movie, so I checked the processes and stopped a couple that didn't seem relevant (no idea what they were). I have noticed movies running choppy for the last week or two. Is this maybe a video card failure? The only other thing I know of is that I have a drive partition and often have trouble with C: drive filling up. Is it possible that windows somehow doesnt have enough space on the drive to start up? This doesnt seem likely to me.

Not a monitor failure, running my old comp on one LCD fine.

Any help really appreciated.

Here are my system specs:

APC BE750BB 750 VA 450 Watts UPS
2 ViewSonic X Series VX922 Black-Silver 19" 2ms DVI LCD Monitor
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard DFI
EVGA 256-P2-N564-AX GeForce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card
OCZ PowerStream OCZ520ADJSLI ATX12V 2.01, BTX, EPS12V 520W Power Supply
LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner With LightScribe and 5X DVD-RAM
2 Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD3200KS 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Manchester 2.0GHz Socket 939 Dual-Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX
ZALMAN 9500A 92mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
jeffd
Reply Quote
Hi there lavaspit, sounds like a dead card.

Confirm first the basics: monitors are working, try to use their onscreen settings etc to make sure they actually work.

Double check connections etc.

Otherwise, I'd say you guessed right, a dead card.
What does that?
lavaspit
Reply Quote
Im not overclocking on my DFI borad. Using illustrator a lot. Playing games. Watching movies. Is the board doing it?
Turned out to be Motherboard - BUT
lavaspit
Reply Quote
Reinstalled the exact same DFI board and everything is fine. EXCEPT now I cant synchronize my logitech G7 wireless mouse. Windows finds the new hardware when I plug in USB, but its like the receiver wont talk to the mouse itself. Tried reset procedures, manually installing the logitech driver - nothing.