Resource consumption math: oil, coal, and growth....
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Make sure to read this great article on the Math of overpopulation and resource consumption, and 'growth' . Watch/listen to audio/video streams + transcript links here. Read this BEFORE you talk about this stuff again. The math is not hard, it's really arithmetic. If the logic confuses you, it's probably because you are in a state of denial and can't admit the truth to yourself.

It's by Albert Bartlett, who has come to realize that this stuff is much more simple than we want to pretend.

Amusingly, one of the oil industries premiere investors, T. Boone Pickens, recently pointed out that he too saw peak oil here now, as of 2005. As you may or may not have noted after reading the above, that was exactly the time the peak, by the math, was expected.

I came across that article in theoildrum.com, which you will find, once you repair your self/media imposed state of denial, to be a reasonably informative site, altho

What, you might ask, does this have to do with a tech site like this? Well, sad to say, we don't live in a vacuum, and resource, and especially energy, questions, not to mention the actual survival of the planet, do in fact have everything to do with our existences, much as we would love to think that we can 'virtually' fix these problems, floating in a cloud of delusion. Just, oddly enough, as the Buddhists said we do...

I know, I know, it's hard to finally come to grips with the fact that the party is over, that the world is finite, and that things can and do run out if you waste them all, but that's life, you'll have to start getting used to these unfortunate realities.