Word Macros and Formats
kevinspurgeon
Reply Quote
I'm using a simple ASK macro for a user defined input to be displayed. The reason i'm using the macro is that I want the input to be displayed in two places at once. The problem is I want the format of the font to be different in both places, any ideas how I overcome this?
vkaryl
Reply Quote
I've had the best luck getting answers to this sort of thing using various word usergroup fora. I could give you a link - except the best one I ever used, I no longer can find the link for after a boot drive crash.

Google's probably your best bet....
techAdmin
Reply Quote
oh, a boot drive crash.. sounds painful.

One thing I'm really liking about running a Free Desktop, incorrectly called Linux, is that I can write my own backup stuff really easily, using really pleasant backup tools.

So I did, and do.

My backup stuff is now so pleasant and straightforward to run that I actually do it fairly often, unlike previously with Windows.

And reinstalling linux is really simple, I've done it a few times last year because life on the bleeding edge inevitably results in one or two mistakes where it's easier to just reinstall than to debug the issue. 15 minutes.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Well, it WAS painful - however, it had NOTHING to do with windows as opposed to linux - but EVERYTHING to do with one of jeff's "wonderful" 5 year warranty seagate pieces of cr#p drives that they refused to make good on.... and which I am STILL trying to get "fixed". The drive was in a less than 6 month old machine, but seagate's feeding me a bunch of total cr#p about the machine vendor.

And since all I lost was a few bookmarks, I'm really not complaining. I don't have any problem at all making decent backups in windows - it's quite fast.... the bookmark situation was after all my own damn fault.