Word Macro (script needed)
Rob
Reply Quote
I am working on a corporate letter head template for one of my colleagues and was wondering how to create a macro so that a message box appears upon entering the file requesting the information for him to enter into specific place on the letter, sort of like a mail merge but more specific the information needed to be typed in would be:

-Contact Name

-Address one

-Address Two

etc....

-OS number

-SAE Visc grade

-Brand name

-Company Name

this information would need to be input into very specific areas of the letter such as the centre of a sentence where the Oil company's name is mentioned or the customer's name is entered... this would make his job a lot easier when creating a new letter instead of spending time writing the entire letter from scratch each time the he needs to send a reblend approval....

I was wondering if you knew of any code that may be up to this task?

Thanks’ in advance

Rob
jeffd
Reply Quote
I don't have any scripts for word, don't use it any more, nobody here does that I know of.

However, if you search the web, you should have no problems finding MS word macros to do what you need done, I just don't know of any, sorry.

At some point we'll probably shut down the commercial software and windows forums, it's just not a focus here any more, it's all Open Source now. To me working with MS products is like being forced to listen to bad pop music, Abba, Journey, Whitney Houston, whatever.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
While I pretty much agree about word, winsoftware etc., I happen to LOVE Abba and Journey.

In other words, "bad pop music" is entirely in the ear of the listener.

[Edit much later: for the OP, you really need to search using goog or whichever you favor, for office or word user groups. They're the ones who would be in a position to help you out.]