Problems with Full Featured PHP Browser/OS detection
princemagic
Reply Quote
Hi!
First of all, i must admit, that it's really a great script, and i have installed it to my statistics script. But after putting it to live, i had the next results:
42% percent of the browsers were Unknown, and nearly all of them was from Linux. So it looks like, as the script couldn't detect the Linux Browsers. I used browser_detection('browser'), and saved the result in a file, from which later the statistics were created. But it saved nullstring in the file, so it seems to me, that it wasn't my fault, the script hasn't detected it. Explorer, Firefox and Opera was detected so far.
So it seems to me, that the script can't detect linux browsers, or perhaps that kind of browser ( it can be only 1 browser, cause there aren't many datas for me, only a week time).
In case anyone can help me, pls contact me on <email address removed - you dont' want email spam harvestors to get your email addresses, never post them online: moderator>. Thx
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Hi princemagic, welcome to the forums.

There's no problem with the script detecting linux, unix, or os x.

What probably happened is that a spider or bot hit your site using the linux useragent string.

You can easily verify this by simply looking at your actual apache logs for last weeks, if you have access to them.

It's very common for bots to mask their useragents and pretend to be something else.

It's also quite possible that your site is simply very popular with linux users ;-)

But my guess is that someone was scraping or harvesting your site using maybe linux with wget or something like that.