Page: 1, 2  Next

Firefox 1.5 / 2.0 developer extensions: aardvark, tabbrowser
techAdmin
Reply Quote
If you need Aardvark and don't want to wait for the mozilla extension site release and you really need to see formatted source now, grab Aardvark- a version that works with 1.5, here: nmi.ath.cx/~seb/aardvark.xpi - and if that server's down, try this: ka2er.free.fr/files/aardvark.xpi. Or just visit the developer's site where you can download the 1.5 compatible version.

Most of the extensions are coming along nicely, the tabbrowser extension for example is also working well on Firefox 1.5, that's version 2.x of tabbrowser extension.

Get the Firefox 1.5 compatible Google PageRank Status extension here, it's version 0.9.6 or later for 1.5.

I had to get some others from the developer's sites too, I'll add that to the list as I remember them.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Interesting.... as of yesterday early, there was STILL no 1.5 compatible version at karmatics.... which was why I posted the other links earlier.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Here's a usable version of "formatted source" since the dev has still not updated it: www.muffinresearch.co.uk/downloads/FF15/view_formatted_source-0.9.3.4-fx.xpi

Just installed it, working fine....
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Here's the 1.5 compatible sort bookmarks, version 0.7, it's not available on mozilla extensions for some reason. I like this one, it's much better at sorting than the native bookmark manager in firefox.

You can find it here, at extensionmirror

This one has two key features that I can't find in the native firefox book mark utility:

1. It sorts within the bookmark separator categories, while respecting the separation, in other words, it sorts within each category or separation [using bookmark separators], whereas the native firefox book mark sorting not only does not do this, it dumps the categories and the separators, as I discovered yesterday much to my annoyance. To my mind, sort bookmarks should be built into firefox, bookmarks are just too basic. For a while the developer wasn't going to release a 1.5 version, but he probably tested it and realized it works fine without any major hacks. However, I don't like having to depend on some guy to just be able to sort my bookmarks.

This feature is I believe on by default.

2. Sort recursively, that means through all the bookmark folder levels. Or not, it's an option, it's off by default, which is a good choice in my opinion.

Special note: Make sure that the native firefox bookmark manager is set to View -> unsorted or it will look really weird, all the separators will be together.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Definitely installing THAT one! FF's bookmarks "manager" "manages" to be the worst one I've ever used....
techAdmin
Reply Quote
For firefox/iceweasel 2, you can get the sort bookmarks extension here.

thanks for that, David Lechnyr

And here's google pagerank status made to run on firefox 2. Thanks.

More for my utility than anyone else's, I created a tar/gzipped file of my favorite extensions, plus config files, adblock plus, allineone mouse gestures, sort bookmarks, tab mix plus, livehttp headers, web developer toolbar, useragent switcher, and a few others. Plus relevant data files for the ones that can import settings/data.

You can get that here.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
AND an aardvark which works fine with FF2.0!

www.designateonline.com/discussions/comments.php?DiscussionID=1149
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Various new about:config tweaks, and old ones:

layout.css.dpi user set integer -1
double click on the line and change number to 0

This solves the tiny font issue for many users.

in about:config, search
sessionhistory
browser.sessionhistory.max_entries - set to 10
browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers - set to 0 or 1
network.prefetch-next - toggle to false

To get rid of that asinine gtk file handler dialogue box:
ui.allow_platform_file_picker - toggle to false

To get rid of new stupid go button [who has ever needed that?, hit enter and you go]
browser.urlbar.hideGoButton - set to true

network.cookie.cookieBehavior - change to 1 from 0
to block third party cookies... now you might ask, why would firefox default to accepting something that has no real use in the world except for advertising agencies? hmmmm... let me scratch my head... let's see, mozilla.com gets money from.. aha... an ad agency. Some people do not know that google is an ad agency, but that's where they make all their money, they get you there by giving great search results, web emails, etc. But the business is all about ad revenue.

Some more configs coming.
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Can you find me some way to go back to the "previous version" ability to disable 3rd party cookies only? It's not available in 2.0, and I really miss it....
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Well, start at this mozillazine thread.

As you can see, ff 2 has once again moved to make the browser less, not more, useable.

I'm increasingly convinced that this problem comes from the top of the project by the way, these kinds of problems usually do.

Short answer: your settings didn't change if you kept your profile, if it's a new one, it's, once again, learn some new about:config options. Are you getting bored with this game? I am, I'll tell you that.

network.cookie.cookieBehavior - change to 1 from 0

Or use cookiesafe extension to get full cookie control back.

I'm starting to really get disgusted by someone in the Mozilla.com organization, and I can give a pretty good guess who is at fault, but I'm going to keep it to myself for now.
Page: 1, 2  Next