Select box values from database
Prashant
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have 4 select boxes named state, district, tehsil, village. By default on form load the state is popluated with all the states in database. After selecting a state, the form is refreshed and the district select box is populated with districts of the selected state. Similiarly for tehsils and blocks. This is time and database query consuming. I need to retrieve all the districts, tehsils, etc in one nX4 matrix and use javascript to appropriately populate the respective select boxes on change of the other.

Can anybody send me javascript code for that, may be for just 2 levels, state and district? I can insert the jsp code in that.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
Can anybody send me javascript code for that, may be for just 2 levels, state and district?

You want someone to write your code for you? Try writing the code, then if you have a problem or question with some part of the script, somebody might take a look at it.

What does MIS stand for by the way?
Prashant
Reply Quote
MIS stands for Management Information System. And you perhaps have prompted me to shift our topic slightly personal. I give consultancy on developing large scale MIS solutions mainly to the government set ups. I was looking for a ready to use demo code instead of writing on my own and just wasting efforts and time. Well anyway I'll think writing the same myself.