Page: Previous  1, 2

techAdmin
Reply Quote
If you are getting 'ie' somewhere in the chain, there is a logic error somewhere. Make sure to initialize and clean after using your variables, it's possible you got something stuck somewhere and it just lingered.

Your overall method is fine from what I can see, in fact if we ever get around to doing a real update of this script, I think we'll modularize it enough to make adding the db component very easy, it would really only require a single column in a table, all the data could be put in that way.

I would recommend going through the script and testing it again, also, try printing out your whole database into an html table to see what you have in there, it's possible the data got corrupted at some point from other errors and you actually have a column of ie's or something. Don't guess, just print out the db table, all you have to do is make the query for the whole table, not the single user, then print out just like you have done.
techgearfree
Reply Quote
Thanks for you help, but I ended up just having a different column for each itm and not doing an array. I just needed to solve it quickly so that I could get my site open soon. Thanks though!

-awsome script
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Well, I hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea, I really like it, I think it would make a very nice module addon for the script for those wanting to put the info into a db, for real traffic, you have to think about how much junk you're putting into the db, it can get pretty out of control.

Glad you got it working, sometimes just retreating isn't that bad a thing to do, I know the feeling...

Anyway, I'm always glad when people show me new ideas or techniques, that's a plus, thanks.

by the way, if you feel like it, throw a link somewhere to our site, it helps us out.

Glad the script worked for you, I wish I'd had time to do 5.0.0, but I just haven't been able to find it, check back in a month or two and it might be done, it will be a pretty major upgrade, the first one really since I think 3.0
Page: Previous  1, 2