[RESOLVED] Please fix your xml at liquorix.net/atom
wildstar84
Reply Quote
It looks like your missing a closing tag or two (/feed) at the bottom? (it's hideous in my webbrowser, but I was able to past the top chunk of it into my xml viewer, which reported an error. Adding the missing /feed tag seemed to fix (in the viewer). It's been like this for several days now.

Thanks,

Jim
damentz
Reply Quote
I just installed Alligator and added the atom feed, seems to be working on my end. Also verified that the file formats without any syntax errors.
damentz
Reply Quote
Also tried RSS Guard, seems to process it just fine. Only thing that I can think of changing is stripping the "~sid" part from the latest entry, but otherwise everything is fine.

Maybe your software is borked?
wildstar84
Reply Quote
I don't think so! It always worked in Firefox up until a few days ago (as text with the little + / - signs to expand / shade). Now it just displays raw text of everything including all the xml tags (I'd post an image if this forum offered the feature to upload/attach one)! However, it IS working in the software I pasted it into that I alluded to in the OP, but I haven't updated Firefox or anything & cleared it's cache, so not sure why it's borked there. I'd prefer to be able to continue viewing in Firefox than having to download it & paste it into other software to view though. ;)
damentz
Reply Quote
The atom feed is meant to be read by the readers that implement it. Most likely the XML just got too big for Firefox to render, which is not a requirement for a working atom feed.

I'll just mark this as resolved, there's not anything to do here. The XML is valid and is readable by things that are intended to read it.
wildstar84
Reply Quote
I've always assumed that it was a "change log" / release notes and have hitherto found it most helpful when upgrading Liquorix!

Cheers.
wildstar84
Reply Quote
Never mind. I fixed it myself going forward via a CGI scraping script (aka. "http ://localhost/cgi-bin/common/liquorix.pl", so I can now get it like this, (which is all I need): ;)

:: Code ::

512 updates found.

2023-09-23T10:04:05Z:  linux-liquorix (6.5-4)
* merge 6.5.5 * update version to 6.5.5-1

2023-09-20T09:39:57Z:  linux-liquorix (6.5-3)
* add important intel drm/i915 fix: - i915: Limit the length of an sg list to the requested length * update version to 6.5.4-2

2023-09-19T12:24:18Z:  linux-liquorix (6.5-2)
* merge 6.5.4 * update version to 6.5.4-1

[/code]