[RESOLVED] install question
human
Reply Quote
on siduction(debian) i ran the install script. if i do a
:: Code ::
apt search liquorix
it shows as 6 1 6 1 is installed.

however when i do a neofetch it shows i'm using kernel 6.1.2-1. so it's not in use. it's not in /boot either.

am i supposed to manually run that script? ./ ? because i did that on first attempt but after doing
:: Code ::
nala upgrade
it ended up finishing with an error. segmentation error if i remember right. so i ended up just doing using a timeshift restore and reattempted but didn't manually run it this time.

thanks
damentz
Reply Quote
The install script just installs the kernel. You still need to configure grub to prefer Liquorix if it's not already. Not knowing how your bootloader operates and how to configure it is a recipe for disaster.

As for the other error and commands, I don't know what nala is and you provided no output. Seems like something strange went on your end but seems unrelated.
human
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
Not knowing how your bootloader operates and how to configure it is a recipe for disaster.

na the only thing it's a recipe for is me losing 15 minutes. this isn't a company computer.

I don't know what nala is

it's just an apt frontend.

You still need to configure grub to prefer Liquorix if it's not already.

ah, alrighty. i thought the script handled that.

-------edit---------------------

solved: i removed the installed Liquorix components, removed the repo, reran the install script and it just worked this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ cosmic bit flip i guess.
damentz
Reply Quote
solved: i removed the installed Liquorix components, removed the repo, reran the install script and it just worked this time. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ cosmic bit flip i guess.

Odd that it works now. Maybe apt/dpkg needed some attention before you ran the script last time that's no longer the case now? Either way, glad the install script worked for you. I'll mark this thread as resolved.