Page: Previous  1, 2

DeepDayze
Reply Quote
Not to try to spoil the party, it sure looks like AMD has been getting things pretty much right lately and Intel is playing catch up. Intel has fallen behind AMD because of the over-engineering of things not to mention the security vulnerabilities that have been piling up.

It may take a good bit of time for Alder Lake and newer Intel CPU's to get proper Linux support IMO.

Hope the OP will have a better experience with this laptop once the bugs and issues get ironed out. A very good idea is to watch for BIOS updates and look for the one that may fix the timing issues and how the efficiency cores get exposed.
damentz
Reply Quote
Eric97, if you're still using Liquorix, can you confirm your frequencies are running low? I made a change recently to Liquorix to remove schedutil as an option. We never confirmed if the frequency scaling was caused by your laptop or your distro overriding Liquorix defaults.

And if you are already there, let me know what the output of this command is:
:: Code ::
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_driver
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/scaling_governor

It should return acpi-cpufreq and performance (or ondemand)
damentz
Reply Quote
Seems that anyone who runs into this issue leave Liquorix (understandably), however I'm certain this is resolved. Marking thread as such.
Page: Previous  1, 2