On AMD binary specific Liquorix kernel
mardiyah
Reply Quote
Anyone have (compiled) an AMD binary specific Liquorix kernel so share it to us sincerely ?

The AMD is bulldozer by codename

:: Code ::

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor   : 0
vendor_id   : AuthenticAMD
cpu family   : 21
model      : 48
model name   : AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G
stepping   : 1
microcode   : 0x6003109

Thanks before[/code]
techAdmin
Reply Quote
damentz doesn't do architecture specific kernels, neither does anyone else I'm aware of.

That's in the category of, you want it, you do it. I knew gentoo people are really into trying to squeeze out those few nano seconds of performance gains using the right compile switches for specific architectures might yield, but nobody else does that anymore because it's not worth it.

So this is basically you taking the zen sources, and then compiling it the way you want, and then going on with your life.

Or, probably better unless you are looking at max output / speed for some type of machine learning computer etc, just ignore it since it's nothing you'd even see in the real world except in highly customized performance kernel instances.

And liquorix is not a highly customized performance kernel tuned to deliver maximum load for specific workloads and architectures, it's a kernel made to yield optimal overall end user desktop experiences, kind of the opposite I think of what you are looking for if I understand it right. Liquorix is also not designed to deliver maximal possible I/O data transfer rates, so there, again, you'd be best off rolling your own.