[RESOLVED] Website unreadable
toastal
Reply Quote
On my dark-themed GTK on Firefox 95.0b4, the Liquorix website is illegible.The reason why is that the document is setting a default `color: #222` but not a corresponding `background`. As such, I have black on black text.

The resolution would be to set either `:root`, `html`, or `body` to `background: #fff` to have black on white text.
damentz
Reply Quote
It looks fine for me using Dark Reader on both my desktop and phone. What are you using to get "dark mode"?

EDIT: In my experience, Dark Reader is the only extension to get dark mode working with high success rate (nearly 99% on mobile, 95% on desktop). Everything else is about 50% or lower.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
He is technically correct, you should set a default background color along with the default global color: in the main body tag css. Otherwise it's assumed, and often as you note, the stuff assumes wrong.

eg:

:: Code ::
body {
  font-size: 1.5em; /* currently ems cause chrome bug misinterpreting rems on body element */
  line-height: 1.6;
  font-weight: 400;
  font-family: "Raleway", "HelveticaNeue", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
  color: #222;
  background: #fff;}

all the other defaults in that set are right, size in ems, line-height, font family, just missing background explicitly set. In europe I think sites have to do that to pass usability requirements, but it's always a good idea to do it to avoid applications making up what to do, and then picking the wrong thing.
damentz
Reply Quote
Thanks, I added the background: #fff as you recommended.

@toastal, can you check if dark mode works for you now?