Debian Liquorix Sources File?
Carl393
Reply Quote
Hello Folks,

Just wondering why Liquorix is listing as SID?

My rendition of Debian Linux is Bullseye (Testing)

I'm not sure why Liquorix says SID... I looked in my /apt/etc/sources.list file
but cannot find it listed anywhere.

I'd upload a picture but I'm not sure how to![/img]
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I believe damentz doesn't make testing/sid versions, he makes one version, which you use on either. Not very complicated, don't overthink it. You're using the right version. While Debian may have different packages in sid and testing, liquorix doesn't do that process, that's a Debian thing only. Keep in mind what testing and sid are internally in Debian, packages go to sid, if no bugs filed or active, package goes to testing. Liquorix isn't in that process, so there's no reason to call the same package testing or sid, it's the same package.
Carl393
Reply Quote
Oh! Thank you!
damentz
Reply Quote
Actually, packages are being made for stable (buster), testing (bullseye), and unstable (sid). They're all built using their native packages and should select the correct GCC package for the headers. If you use a package for a different version of Debian, YMMV.

Their packages are marked and you can see all of them here: liquorix.net/debian/pool/main/l/linux-liquorix/. For example the latest as of this post:
:: Code ::
linux-image-5.11.0-13.1-liquorix-amd64_5.11-27.1~bullseye_amd64.deb   2021-04-10 14:02    62M   
linux-image-5.11.0-13.1-liquorix-amd64_5.11-27.1~buster_amd64.deb   2021-04-10 14:02    62M   
linux-image-5.11.0-13.1-liquorix-amd64_5.11-27.1~sid_amd64.deb   2021-04-10 14:02    62M   

The script on the homepage should select the correct version for you. It uses some stable heuristic from LSB if you're on a frankenstein Debian distribution. Not perfect but much better than my take on it.

:: Quote ::
My rendition of Debian Linux is Bullseye (Testing)

I'm not sure why Liquorix says SID... I looked in my /apt/etc/sources.list file
but cannot find it listed anywhere.

Most likely there's something strange about your system and it's not actually Debian Bullseye. What does lsb_release -a return on your system?

Also, the sources.list file you're looking for is in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/liquorix.list.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Ah, I stand corrected, I had no idea you actually packaged those separately! Amazing.
Carl393
Reply Quote
You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Thank you!