Donations
topas
Reply Quote
Hello,

I see the hard work done in this project and I would like to help financially beside helping with documentation and maybe other stuff.
Is financially support needed? How can I help in this way?

Best regards
Tobias
damentz
Reply Quote
Thanks for asking, I used to have a donate button a long time ago, but removed it when I got imposter syndrome on the value of I was making generally available. But things have changed a lot since then and my professional career gave me some needed experience to treat Liquorix more professionally (as you might see from a lot of the automation and scripts).

With that said, I put up a donation link on the homepage in the miscellaneous dropdown and at the bottom of the page.

As for documentation, there is a gap on the Zen Kernel side as you can see from the infamous List of benefits that Zen offers issue on github. I've done some work setting up a FAQ recently, but it's very rudimentary at the time of this posting and there's a lot of room for improvement. Pretty much anything will help since what's already there is very high level.

And for Liquorix itself, the Liquorix Package repo itself needs a README.md to explain to the reader what they're looking. That's on me, it's pretty much just used by me so I almost never look at my own github repo and notice the missing README.
topas
Reply Quote
I see. Thanks for the reply.

I have two young kids and that is I why I want do only do really small time contributions. (Like https://github.com/damentz/liquorix-package/issues/35)

Some, but not all open source project also benefit from financial contributions. That is why I was asking.

I think this is clear now for me and others.