[RESOLVED] success to install liquorix kernel in debian sid
realsifocopypaste
Reply Quote
WARNING: Only instructions from damentz and techAdmin are supported. Follow instructions below at your own risk.

- damentz

after try and error for long time, finally i found the easy way to install the kernel in debian sid

after failed to perform
curl 'https://liquorix.net/add-liquorix-repo.sh' | sudo bash

so i delete all liqourix repo in synaptic package manager

now the solution :

1. in terminal type su

2. give root password

3. kwrite /etc/apt/sources.list

4. Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb https://liquorix.net/debian/ sid main

5. Update the package index:

# sudo apt-get update

6. sudo apt-get install linux-image-liquorix-amd64 linux-headers-liquorix-amd64

7. sudo reboot

thanks guys :)
damentz
Reply Quote
Can you describe what went wrong running the installation script? I just tested the script again on a new Debian Testing VM, and the repository installed without issue.

From the looks of the steps you took, you don't have sudo configured properly on your system. You switch to root first using su, then proceed to run commands using sudo while you're already executing commands as root.
realsifocopypaste
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
Can you describe what went wrong running the installation script? I just tested the script again on a new Debian Testing VM, and the repository installed without issue.

From the looks of the steps you took, you don't have sudo configured properly on your system. You switch to root first using su, then proceed to run commands using sudo while you're already executing commands as root.

i don't know either

maybe my debian sid / unstable installation is broken or somethings

in debian wiki, apt key support only for debian 11 (testing now) and bellow

that's not matter

the good thinks its works now :)

https://pixelfed.uk/storage/m/00e90cbc3f7fe44d7eae1391546f04d7f6339f86/51210c5c3297627acd8f1cab77121b248b0092fd/F4wxzx8B0ltJqke2bqdURSVa20sqUsFRH1IJZWo1.png
techAdmin
Reply Quote
You have to use
:: Code ::
su -
not su alone, otherwise a lot of operations will fail, particularly with apt.

the '-' isn't a typo or mistake, with modern debian, it's a strict requirement. took me a long time to finally realize that the old su didn't work right anymore.

note you can also do: sudo su -

which will give you root on most non root login systems as well.
damentz
Reply Quote
Yup, su - resets your environment to as if you freshly logged into root, while su preserves the environment from your previous login. If apt-get behaves differently, that's because the user that was logged in with initially has variables in their environment that overrides its behavior.

Either way, I've not seen any issues just using sudo. Maybe there's a variable you can prefix with apt-get so it ignores your environment configuration and uses defaults?