3.0.37-00 -Gxx: 10 drivers for server listed; no alternates listed
fm
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
Display: server: X.Org 1.19.2 driver: amdgpu,ati,fbdev,intel,modesetting,nouveau,radeon,sisusb,vesa,vmware

Thread source:
www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-hardware-18/usb2vga-sis-or-displaylink-dl-165-a-4175665234/#post6066208

OP is trying to make USB to VGA converters work, unsuccessfully, so this my cause confusion for inxi. His primary video is Intel Sandybridge using the intel DDX on Debian 9. It's rather disconcerting to see all those drivers listed as they are.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I'd have to see his /var/log/Xorg.0.log

It does little good to post an aberrant output without the relevant data.

However, with this said, I suspect a corrupted Xorg.0.log since that logic is quite heavily tested and has not shown any problems for a long time now, last small bugs were handled I think over a year ago.

However, it's also possible some syntax has changed that inxi does not know about.

No point in talking about it without the full log file. Not, note, an 'interpreted' log file, or 'the part they think is relevant', no, the entire, verbatim file, ideally uploaded to a paste site as a file then with link to that. paste.debian.net/ is good because it doesn't truncate files if very long, which may be the case here.
fm
Reply Quote
I had already told him log excerpts were not adequate. He pastebin'd one in comment 7: paste.debian.net/1120150/
techAdmin
Reply Quote
This is what that file gives me. Note that the Device-1 and OpenGL lines come from my system, but the Display line driver data comes from his file.

:: Code ::
pinxi -Gxxxy80
Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210] vendor: Gigabyte driver: nvidia
  v: 340.107 bus ID: 09:00.0 chip ID: 10de:0a65
  Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.4 driver: intel unloaded: sisusb
  resolution: 1280x1024~60Hz, 1280x1024~60Hz
  OpenGL: renderer: GeForce 210/PCIe/SSE2 v: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.107
  direct render: Yes

The file he pasted isn't the same data as the file that triggered the confusing output.

On github, I have a label called 'Garbage-Data' which would appear to be the operative issue here.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Just as an aside, if he was using 2.3.5 inxi, I don't think the -U option works because it's trying to get the file from googlecode, I think, not sure when the switch happened re numbering.

With such old inxi's, it's usually best to have them delete/purge the package completely, then install the real inxi using wget, that avoids confusions and path and failure issues.
fm
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
Just as an aside, if he was using 2.3.5 inxi, I don't think the -U option works because it's trying to get the file from googlecode, I think, not sure when the switch happened re numbering.
from OP's post #12
:: Quote ::
$ inxi -V
inxi 3.0.37-00 (2019-11-19)

techAdmin
Reply Quote
Oh, I went in and looked it up in the commits, it was version 2.2.28 and later that had the updated urls for github, that's good to know. That explains why his -U worked, I couldn't remember when it the repo was changed from googlecode to github.