Not able to install cpupower after installing the liquorix kernel
dps
Reply Quote
When trying to install cpupower via the terminal, I get messages about

:: Code ::
E: Unable to locate package linux-tools-5.2.0-18.1-liquorix-amd64
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-tools-5.2.0-18.1-liquorix-amd64'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-tools-5.2.0-18.1-liquorix-amd64'

That is the same message that I get when I try to install any of the needed packages for it, here are the ones needed:

WARNING: cpupower not found for kernel 5.2.0-18.1

You may need to install the following packages for this specific kernel:
    linux-tools-5.2.0-18.1-liquorix-amd64
    linux-cloud-tools-5.2.0-18.1-liquorix-amd64

You may also want to install one of the following packages to keep up to date:
    linux-tools-liquorix-amd64
    linux-cloud-tools-liquorix-amd64

Is this a known issue, or am I just doing this wrong now? I am new to using this custom kernel, so I'm guessing that there is something that I am supposed to be doing differently. Or at least maybe the process to install it is different now, since I installed this custom kernel.
I do know however that if I install cpupower BEFORE I install the liquorix, it works. Just not after I install the kernel. Any help would be amazing :)
Thanks!
damentz
Reply Quote
Have you tried installing the linux-tools package of your distribution? You don't need a Liquorix tool package to run cpupower, as far as I know.
dps
Reply Quote
Hey, thanks for the reply. But yes, I have tried to, unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by my distros linux-tools package.
When I go to install the package, the code i posted is what is outputted to me.
When I open synaptic and search for linux-tools-5, it shows that I have the ones that are needed installed already, but then when I try t run the sudo cpupower frequency-set -g performance command, it tells me that I need to install some packages specific to the liquorix kernel, as shown in the output, and of course it cant find the tools that are needed when I try running the command to install them.
Could you be more specific on what you think that I should do?
damentz
Reply Quote
What distribution and version are you running? Also, if you can provide the output of inxi -b, that'll help too.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
It looks to me like cpupower package is set with a dependency of:
linux-tools-$(uname -r)

That's a packaging issue, and could probably be fixed by removing that dependency from the package before installing it.