4.17-7 builds fail
stevenpusser
Reply Quote
I found the source in the PPA this morning, but the builds fail in the schedutil module...I guess that's why there are no packages in the PPA either.

:: Code ::
                 from /build/linux-liquorix-4.17/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c:14:
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c:740:13: error: initializer element is not constant
 fs_initcall(sugov_register);
             ^
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/include/linux/init.h:172:58: note: in definition of macro '__define_initcall'
  __attribute__((__section__(".initcall" #id ".init"))) = fn;
                                                          ^~
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c:740:1: note: in expansion of macro 'fs_initcall'
 fs_initcall(sugov_register);
 ^~~~~~~~~~~
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.c:740:1: error: expected declaration or statement at end of input
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/scripts/Makefile.build:312: recipe for target 'kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.o' failed
make[7]: *** [kernel/sched/cpufreq_schedutil.o] Error 1
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/scripts/Makefile.build:559: recipe for target 'kernel/sched' failed
make[6]: *** [kernel/sched] Error 2
/build/linux-liquorix-4.17/Makefile:1066: recipe for target 'kernel' failed
make[5]: *** [kernel] Error 2

stevenpusser
Reply Quote
OK, it's fixed.
damentz
Reply Quote
Yep, sorry about that. Did a quick resync and pushed it out, but the build failed before leaving last morning for work. I removed the git tag and the sources from my website after that happened and redid 4.17-7 without the 4.17.12 RC patches.

The trace you gave me makes sense, something's on with the merge conflict I handled for schedutil. I'll test the upcoming 4.17.12 official release more carefully before uploading everything next time.