Page: Previous  1, 2

stevenpusser
Reply Quote
Is this restricted to the Liquorix kernel, or does it happen with the stock antiX or Debian kernels?

I also see you're using the xorg DDX "intel" video driver, instead of the kernel's built-in modesetting driver that Debian uses by default for your hardware. Does switching to modesetting make any difference?
wildstar84
Reply Quote
Not a factor here - I also tried booting up in runlevel 2 (console, no X) mode and suspend still fails, but what you say is worth trying as it may address my OTHER outstand issue (with 4.13x kernels: "X direct-rendering craps out after a period of time")! I'll give that a try, thanks!
wildstar84
Reply Quote
Maybe this information will help: Here's my /etc/initramfs-tools/modles file:

intel_agp
i915 fastboot=1

I tried booting without fastboot and that made no difference in suspend failure.
[SOLVED!] Upgraded to 14.3, suspend, hibernate now lock up hard
wildstar84
Reply Quote
FOUND THE PROBLEM! Problem was that I had "blacklisted" the "media" module (was doing a "rmmod media", along with some other modules I don't need) as I never had need of it before, but apparently kernels >=4.14 NEED it, or else suspend/hibernate do not wake up and (if not suspending), crashes when shutting down too. Anyway, allowing this one module to load solves both problems!
damentz
Reply Quote
That's interesting, perhaps a feature should be added to inxi that prints out module configuration overrides from /etc/modprobe.d/, /etc/initramfs-tools/modules, and /etc/modprobe, so it's easier to troubleshoot these issues in the future.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
post an issue on github inxi, but this for 100% certain wouldn't be added until inxi 3.0 milestone.
Page: Previous  1, 2