add mx-version to inxi
anticapitalista
Reply Quote
Please add mx-version to inxi on line 643

DISTROS_DERIVED="antix-version mx-version aptosid-version kanotix-version knoppix-version mandrake-release pardus-release porteus-version sabayon-release siduction-version sidux-version slitaz-release solusos-release turbolinux-release zenwalk-version"

Thanks
techAdmin
Reply Quote
can you show me the contents of the file mx-version vs os-release contents?
anticapitalista
Reply Quote
mx-version

MX-16.1_386 Metamorphosis 8 June 2017

lsb-release

PRETTY_NAME="MX-16.1 Metamorphosis"
DISTRIB_ID=MX
DISTRIB_RELEASE=16.1
DISTRIB_CODENAME=Metamorphosis
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="MX-16.1 Metamorphosis"

os-release

is debian one, a symlink

mx-version pattern is the same as antix-version.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
New mx-version handling in 2.3.19

If you have access to a system that uses either radion/ati free or nouveau can you test a new inxi feature:

actually you can test it without inxi, like so:

go into ctrl alt f1, console, then type this command: glxinfo -display :0

if the command hangs without completing, let me know, if it gives normal output, let me know, for the drivers.

Right now I have confirmed that intel free does hang.

The feature is:

inxi -Gxx -! 40

which allows users to see their glx information out of x, which can be quite useful. Does not work in root. If you get a hang, ctrl + c kills it fine, I just want to know which drivers it works and does not work in. I know it does work with nvidia non free, it does not work on my intel, and someone else's intel, but so far I don't have more data.

Also updated to match current capabilities, G now works fully in root, unless there's no data, then it reverts to no x info mode. That can also be useful. Note that older X versions do not work in root, but they should fall back reasonably gracefully, I tested this on lenny system.

Also, basic raw wayland support is now available, but it will need a lot more work in the coming months. And now correctly shows actual glx core profile version, not the deprecated compatibility mode version, that was something that crept up on inxi because it's been running so long, what used to be the active current version number has now become a legacy mode, heh.

Oh, and new inxi also has -! 34 option, which turns off ssl checks on all downloads, for things like -U, -W/w, -i. I added this because my ancient system has way out of date ssl certificates and the downloads were failing when coming from ssl locations, so I figured this might now and then be useful to people. That -! 34 has to go BEFORE all other options, at least for -U.
anticapitalista
Reply Quote
Thanks for adding mx-version (as well as all the other work on your scripts).