Permission to use smxi html code for personal use.
frtorres
Reply Quote
Hello smxi + html code author.

I liked a lot your webpage (ala terminal type) for scripts documentation and finally to show code on browsers.

Is it possible to use it for personal use mainly and for documentation purposes on git? (with your permission).

Thanks in advance.

Francisco
techAdmin
Reply Quote
It's fine.

Keep in mind a few things. The image on smxi.org is NOT part of the code and is not to be used on another site, that's the 'logo' of the site so to speak.

Also note, smxi.org is pretty much mobile friendly, that is, the code works as is on essentially all devices out there, including command line browsers. Because I kept the html and css clean and simple, making the stuff mobile friendly only took a few small tweaks.

I've always liked smxi.org because I find it refreshing and clean code compared to modern web garbage, endless stupid uses of terrible javascript and css frameworks that slow pages down, can't be viewed by anything other than a new desktop browser, and not even always then.

This is just basic clean css/html, nothing more, the pseudo console display is pretty easy to create, but a bit of a pain to actually create the pages for, but the black on white documentation is really only a few steps away from raw html, which is why it works exactly as intended on all devices, command line or desktop gui or mobile.
frtorres
Reply Quote
fine. Thanks for your comments and explanation.
Best Regards.