anyone try liquorix kernel on opensuse leap?
habernir
Reply Quote
i just want to hear some suggestion because right now i'm trying it in my opensuse leap and i see that it mainly for ubuntu/debian
techAdmin
Reply Quote
If you run opensuse, why not just install the liquorix kernel and see how it is, it's not like it will bite you, and it will take less time for you to do that than for other users to type in 'how it is'.
habernir
Reply Quote
well until now its stable and i will test it today in full stress and see how it goes.

but there is a compilation bug in "bfq hierarchical scheduling support"
damentz
Reply Quote
Just a correction, it's a build bug with BFS due to a change to SCHEDSTATS in v4.5.2. I asked in your github issue if you could try building with LATENCYTOP disabled.

github.com/zen-kernel/zen-kernel/issues/53

Also, I don't support changes to the Liquorix configuration specifically. I'm just pointing out that saying that there's a build bug when it was a modification to the kernel behavior (switching to BFS) is a bit dishonest.
habernir
Reply Quote
ok thanks alot

soo if i have a bug related to configuration change i need to comment in the github? or liquorix kernel and zen-kernel are two different things?

i will disable LATENCYTOP and write the answer in the github.
damentz
Reply Quote
Liquorix is a snapshot of zen with a specific distro configuration. Its customization in its configuration is also displayed on the liquorix.net homepage.

Zen-kernel is just the source code of the kernel, but I both contribute and use it for Liquorix.

So in general, if you try building or using Liquorix un-modified, then posting a question in here is fine. It's only if you make a modification that causes your build to fail or the kernel to be unstable, that's more of an Zen-Kernel upstream type bug.

And, thank you for replying to the github issue, I'll post an update once I make a change to our BFS branch.