RSS/Atom feed?
chickaroo
Reply Quote
would be nice if liquorix had a RSS/Atom feed for those that build manually or have distros that don't automatically recognize updates/changelogs properly. but I understand this is extra work, but perhaps can be integrated into the main site or just a simple script to fetch latest changelog and export to news->RSS/Atom
damentz
Reply Quote
chickaroo, that's a great idea. However, one of the first things I was thinking of was just improving the homepage and redesigning it, providing more information about the current kernel packages in respect to the latest on kernel.org.

But yes, an RSS or atom feed would be nice as well for those that want to develop applications and scripts against. I'll keep you posted on any updates since this is something on my TODO list.
damentz
Reply Quote
Website has received a long overdue update. Coming up next is a quick way to check what the current version of Liquorix is, be it an atom feed, an API, or simply a file you hit.
chickaroo
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
Website has received a long overdue update. Coming up next is a quick way to check what the current version of Liquorix is, be it an atom feed, an API, or simply a file you hit.

Nice, looks good so far! Very clean look. If I might make some suggestions, the site could perhaps benefit from some slight font tweaking and more clearly separated sections for readability but other than that it looks great.

Current version and changelog on main page would be awesome :D could at least fetch that with a script for now until RSS/Atom.

Thanks for all your work on Liquorix :)
damentz
Reply Quote
Ok, so I've set up something simple.

You can hit liquorix.net/latest_dsc to get the latest dsc file to 'linux-liquorix'. It should always point to the latest with a latency of up to 59 seconds give you enough information to find and download the latest packages if you want to.

As for the atom feed, I think I found a really easy way to convert debian changelogs into atom feeds, but I still need to experiment.
damentz
Reply Quote
And now there's an atom feed at liquorix.net/atom. This feed will update every 15 minutes due to the operations required to build (unpack debian package, get changelog, process changelog, write to atom file, cleanup).

Let me know if this works for you. The only caveat is that in the summary, I wrap the contents with CDATA and <pre>...</pre>. Without this, the summary renders horribly and not true to the original changelog. If this doesn't work well for parsing, I'm up for suggestions for a better way of handling complex formatting that's easy for scripts.
chickaroo
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
And now there's an atom feed at [link]. This feed will update every 15 minutes due to the operations required to build (unpack debian package, get changelog, process changelog, write to atom file, cleanup).

Let me know if this works for you. The only caveat is that in the summary, I wrap the contents with CDATA and <pre>...</pre>. Without this, the summary renders horribly and not true to the original changelog. If this doesn't work well for parsing, I'm up for suggestions for a better way of handling complex formatting that's easy for scripts.

Awesome! working great in my custom hacked up debuild of QuiteRSS (17MB sitting in notification tray, with notifications of feeds :)

Thanks, hope others find this feed useful too
Liquorix website down?
ancleessen4
Reply Quote
Hi,
I am using your atom feed for update alerts but it appears liquorix.net website is down.
Is there a problem?

Cheers,
Neil
damentz
Reply Quote
Hello Neil,

I believe that the poll interval on your application that was checking the atom feed was misconfigured. In the past week or so I noticed that an IP in Luxembourg was attributing to 75% of all requests to the website, polling the atom feed 2-3 times a second, and consuming upwards of 1.5mB/s throughout the entire day.

I think this is yours. I can remove the rule that drops packets in your particular area but please take a look at the configuration of your atom feed parser first before using it again.
ancleessen4
Reply Quote
Hi damentz,
My apologies.
I will check and correct my conky config.

Regards,
Neil