I have to brag a little....
vkaryl
Reply Quote
My nephew (4.0 grade avg at Albuquerque's Academy, a VERY prestigious - AND expensive! - private high school) has been accepted at Univ of Arizona's School of Business Administration - with a full ride scholarship!

AND he's a really good kid: doesn't smoke, do drugs, or mess with either boys or girls. Of course, I had nothing to do with any of it, but still....
jeffd
Reply Quote
Good for him, hope he like it there. Ah college... fun fun. Congrats.
minck
Reply Quote
Congrats, vkaryl, sounds like a very nice kid. Send him a note every once in a while so he knows he's got a sounding board outside of the mom and dad circuit - 'nice' kids can get estranged quite quickly when stuff goes unexpectedly, and you'd probably be the kind of auntie he could confide in. (have had quite a lot of experience being a "nice kid")
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Thanks minck, that's a nice idea, and a nice thing for you to say! On top of everything else, he's just such a LIKABLE guy too. Arizona's not far from home for him, and not too far from us either (Utah), so I expect we'll see a fair amount of him.

And where have you been lately? Missed your posts here and wmw.
minck
Reply Quote
Been being particularly productive ;) . One of those rare streaks where I go fluidly from problem to problem, or next step to next step, without moments of chin-scratching: 'what really would be the best way to go about this?' Followed quickly by: 'Wonder what geeky people x, y, and z are up to'?
vkaryl
Reply Quote
Well, here's a toast to productivity! Tonight, I raise a glass of Wild Turkey Liqueur.... finally got down to Mesquite to the "real" liquor store and stocked up again!
jeffd
Reply Quote
Sound good, I'm going to put down a few Black Butte porters myself tonite before hunkering down to re redo our backup system here, this time with some outstandingly high end internal removable drivebays from CRU, the DataPort V plus series [look for a glowing review in the hardware section soon]. Best quality I've ever seen for drivebays, easily. Now if the @#@# backups will just work finally... I'm in Portland, and got to go to the CRU plant, which is in Vancouver WA to pick the parts up. American made. 2 days late on job due to consistent hardware failures.
minck
Reply Quote
Yum! After having a remarkably unproductive day today, I am forecasting 2-3 Duvels for tonight, to get the coding juices going fresh for tomorrow morning. Yesterday was tip-top productive - so there's no complaining here.