Will this script work on fedora?
moshe742
Reply Quote
Hi,
The idea of the script sounds great, and I hope it can help me, but I use fedora (20). Since it says only that it works on debian and debian based distro's I prefer to ask before trying and possibly kill my OS :)

BTW, in what language the script is developed?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
The word 'this' does not clarify anything, be precise, I have no idea what you are talking about.
Will the sgfxi script work on fedora?
moshe742
Reply Quote
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
By this I mean the sgfxi script.
Does the sgfxi script work on fedora? Since I see only that it works on debian based distro's.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
sgfxi at one point worked on fedora, I haven't tested it in a while.

So I can't tell you if it works, it all depends on how much (probably a lot is my guess) fedora changed since I last tested it. If fedora did something silly like change package managers, in the never ending redhat attempt to pretend that rpm is worth saving or modifying when we all know apt is leagues, lightyears really, ahead of rpm in terms of robustness and reliability, well then sgfxi might not work, but I have no idea, I gave up following fedora, I couldn't even get one version upgraded reliably to the next so testing was far harder than it should have been with a real package manager running the system, as debian has, for example.

If you want to test it, try, if not, don't, makes no difference to me, except idle curiousity if it still works on fedora.

I do know that sgfxi handles systemd, upstart, and regular old sysvinit now, it has a recently upgraded method of cleaning out old dkms nvidia/fglrx driver junk that package removal of the drivers fails to handle.

Other than that, I can't tell you, try it, or don't.