Does smxi work on Debian Stable?
macondo
Reply Quote
I have tried it on Testing and Sid. Now that Wheezy is becoming Stable, can smxi be installed?

thank you...
techAdmin
Reply Quote
smxi can be installed anytime, but I have to update the detections for sparky etc, but other than maybe getting your release wrong, smxi should work fine.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
as soon as debian update their base-files package and you install the new one smxi will correctly detect your debian release version, but that has little to do with smxi working, it works fine now with any debian, this is just a smallish internal thing that will influence a few internal processes, but nothing you need to worry about for now.
macondo
Reply Quote
I just installed them (smxi and inxi) in Debian Stable (wheezy) with kernel 3.7 Liquorix and it works fine, thank you very much.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
liquorix will work on wheezy until the kernel is built with the new gcc, 4.8, which should happen in a few months, so you should be able to install liquorix on wheezy for the next few releases, then you have to stay with the old one, at least via smxi.

if you don't use the headers, ie, if you do not need to compile or build kernel modules like nvidia or vbox, you can just install the liquorix image alone which I believe will work until there is a drift in dependencies.

liquorix is debian testing oriented, but at times like this stable and testing are pretty close in package versions.
wilberfan
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
liquorix will work on wheezy until the kernel is built with the new gcc, 4.8, which should happen in a few months, so you should be able to install liquorix on wheezy for the next few releases, then you have to stay with the old one, at least via smxi

That day seems to have arrived.

I can't install the latest liquorix in my Crunchbang lappie because of the gcc-4.8 dependency... :-(
techAdmin
Reply Quote
yep, that day arrived, you are right, damentz put 3.12 on gcc 4.8 as it should be.