3.3.5 can't find resume and root partition
clod89
Reply Quote
Hi, i just installed 3.3.5 on arch but at boot it waits for 10 seconds for both devices then fails saying it can't find nor the resume neither the root partition and drops a shell. The stock archlinux kernel works fine with the same /dev/sda or UUIDs configs in the grub.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
you can't use /dev/sdx type syntax ever for any reason in grub, or in the resume partitions.

Always set either explicitly uuid or label.

I found that for resume, using: /dev/disk/by-uuid/<uuid> or /dev/disk/by-label/<label> works best.

What should not exist on your system anywhere is a path involving /dev/sdx
clod89
Reply Quote
I already tryed and used the uuids but i still get the same result, it can't find the partitions and it drops a shell
techAdmin
Reply Quote
ok, thanks for confirming, damentz will have to handle it then.
damentz
Reply Quote
Can you give us the output of inxi -b and apt-cache policy initramfs-tools? This sounds more like a bug in Debian's (or Ubuntu's if you're using it), initramfs-tools not putting the correct modules in its initrd image. We had this problem a month or two ago and it was resolved by downgrading... I don't know if Debian ever fixed this.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
he's on Arch, not debian. but an inxi -b will clear all such questions up.
damentz
Reply Quote
Oops, didn't see that - I'll take a look at Arch's configuration and see where we differ on boot related configurations.
damentz
Reply Quote
I don't see anything different in the configurations that would cause boot issues. I can see that BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE is set to 16384 in Arch, and 4096 in Liquorix, but I think you would be getting a different error if that was the problem source.

You should probably ask for help on the official AUR page for linux-lqx: aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=51332. It's more likely that the package scripts need to be updated to catch some exception you're dealing with.
aus9
Reply Quote
hi

and just in case its not something wrong with grub can you boot your arch kernel and post the output to these commands pls

:: Code ::

ls -al /dev/disk/by-path

cat /etc/fstab

and the section of /boot/grub/grub.cfg that is the entire menuentry for the Liquorix kernel pls

and in case its not obvious....please advise if you have RAID or LVM in any part of the /boot folder or / partitions please