vkaryl
Reply Quote
How's things there so far? Don't do any heavy lifting!

Kate - now there's another one to look for....
jeffd
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
Don't do any heavy lifting!

Too late, lots of heavy lifting done, more to come :)
minck
Reply Quote
Don't forget: you only have one back. And it's supposed to last you for a very, very long time. Mine's already complaining from time to time due to some stupid moving - it's fairly old, from before the unix epoch, but there are people still moving around with backs twice as old as this one.
jeffd
Reply Quote
I know, I've already hurt it once, got better but made me much more careful.
minck
Reply Quote
I've still got boxes piled around me from previous moves - yes, moves plural. Some haven't been opened for the last two or three moves.
jeffd
Reply Quote
Minck, that's so painfully familiar >> Some haven't been opened for the last two or three moves >> I kick myself each time I move, sending unopened boxes from one place to another, it gets silly.

I've moved far too much, the real problem I run into is each time I move I have to get setup again, get a rhythm going again, I lose a few weeks easily. For example now, I can barely focus on client work, let alone get going on Linux, which is my top priority, I think I might take a class in unix/linux just to give me a kick in the pants, I'll see how it goes. Now that I'm in the San Francisco area I think I'll join a Linux users group, that's a good way to pick people's brains.

And my moving shows no signs of stopping, I already will be moving again next month, then moving again maybe in 4 months. Hopefully after that things will settle down.
minck
Reply Quote
You getting any better settled? Haven't abused that back too much? Life treating you ok way out there on the west coast? We're starting to get the miserable drizzles here, a little later than usual - about a perfect recipie for a drizzles depression since this year it coincides with the beginning of the Xmas Kitch.
jeffd
Reply Quote
Funny you should ask, I'm moving again today, to my real apartment, lots of heavy lifting will be involved: bend at the knee, not the back...

will be nice to get settled, now if the broadband cable company could just get their stupid system working and get me connected, tried and failed yesterday.