Page: Previous  1, 2

dzz
Reply Quote
Good thing about ceni, it doesn't need X or any specific DE

Mepis (stable-based) community repos seem to have their own ceni maintainer

main.mepis-deb.org/mepiscr/repo/pool/main/c/ceni/

both versions at that url work here for squeeze (2.10 and 2.21)

Not so much success installing from smxi though (I did purge other ceni first)
:: Code ::
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  ceni
E: There are problems and -y was used without --force-yes
  There was a problem with install of: ceni

Install of ceni failed, sorry.

Congratulations. Ceni is now installed. To redo your networking, simply type, as root: Ceni (uppercase C)

ckosloff
Reply Quote
Guess that techadmin would have the final say on this.
But, since Ceni comes from aptosid, which is based on sid, I think the correct version to install is the sid one.
That worked for me, give it a spin and let us know, please.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
dzz, smxi always tries to respect user system configurations, and in the case of ceni, will use any version in apt over the direct downloaded one.

Ie, if you have any repo that has ceni in it, it will use that one, not the one on smxi servers.

I can't test this exactly since I'd have to have a clean install, but the deb should just install, if it doesn't, that will need to be corrected, not hard.

That error happens when a repo is used that you don't have the keyrings for, I don't know if you get it installing a downloaded deb, haven't seen that myself but it could be.
dzz
Reply Quote
That explains it. I had a custom repo (no keyring) enabled that includes ceni (I think, the mepis version)

I disabled that repo, purged ceni, reinstall was then successful using smxi, no errors.

Thanks for including the install option, ceni is invaluable for setting up new systems, as is smxi.

Re ckosloff: I'm using mostly stable these days, best I not try newer sid versions on stable!
ckosloff
Reply Quote
:: dzz wrote ::

Re ckosloff: I'm using mostly stable these days, best I not try newer sid versions on stable!

Right, to mix Debian levels is not recommended, I just wanted you to test to see what was going on.
Edit: if you are an expert at apt-pinning you can mix and match.

< Edited by ckosloff :: Feb 2, 12, 19:34 >

ckosloff
Reply Quote
I am going to correct myself.
It is possible to configure networks via Ceni and have monitoring enabled in system tray.
I am using KDE and just use System Settings -> Network and Connectivity -> Network settings -> Network monitor tab.
In right panel -> interfaces tab, add wlan0 (or whatever number your wlan has, but most probably it is 0) by clicking the + sign underneath and typing.
You can also configure monitoring, etc.
I have a beautiful setup now working on my system tray, thanks to KDE and Ceni (brought to you by smxi).
Page: Previous  1, 2