Problem with Installing Liquorix 3.1.0 on Ubuntu 10.04
truongap
Reply Quote
I have completely installed Liquorix 3.1.0 on my Ubuntu 10.04 laptop. When I was booted to this kernel and I received an error message like that :

Please someone help me! I have installed gcc-4.6.
damentz
Reply Quote
Even though you installed gcc-4.6 on Ubuntu 10.04, that is still a really old version of Ubuntu. Not to mention, installing gcc-4.6 doesn't automatically mean all your Ubuntu packages are built with gcc-4.6.

That's probably a red herring though, because I think the only problem here is that grub can't find your boot partition. Your boot partition can also be your root partition, if you never partitioned your drive to let /boot hang out in it's own filesystem. Look at grub's configuration and make sure it's directed to use UUIDs instead of device paths.

blkid will help you out with this task:

:: Code ::

$ sudo blkid
/dev/sda1: LABEL="boot" UUID="1c77ff8c-d951-45d8-b74c-d7504e4d2b60" TYPE="ext3" SEC_TYPE="ext2"
/dev/sda3: LABEL="root" UUID="10304fd9-f3ba-4f64-9edf-ebd87e7e6b07" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sda4: LABEL="home" UUID="4b1ff60e-1905-41f6-b27c-2ef70a958e51" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sda2: UUID="7416D3B816D37A16" TYPE="ntfs"

truongap
Reply Quote
Thanks for your support. But it doesn't work, I think I will use older version liquorix kernel. Where can I download possible latest liquorix kernel for my ubuntu 10.04 (gcc 4.4)?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Rather than use vague general terms, such as 'an older version', be specific, which version, which gcc does ubuntu ltr use, and 32 or 64 bits.

General queries tend to leave so much to the imagination that people who can help tend to just shrug their shoulders, sigh, and do something more interesting.

Please install inxi if you don't have it and then show us, via paste, the output for:

inxi -bx

this will show us all the information we need in a nonambiguous manner.

Failure to do so this will result in no further support.
perolozac
Reply Quote
This seems to be related to (or even exactly the same as) an already discussed problem. See here.
In short - it is likely that the kernel install process fails to generate an initrd which is necessary for proper booting.